Welcome To aBlackWeb

NXT Thread (6/25)

Yeah that's me with AEW I'll watch live and watch the recording of NXT the next day. NXT is killing it but Dynamite feels like the bigger show live so I rather catch it live. I was going try and watch both by flipping but I feel both shows usually have something really good happening at the same time and I dont want to miss something.

yea AEW looks & feels like a major show and if they really wanna compete w/ that then they'll have to get into bigger arenas and change some things. Idk when they'll make that move but im sure that they will

Right now im just happy with what they're doing with the product. I think we all thought that it would be watered down or ruined once they moved it but so far we good

Last edited:
Theres also a lot of people who do actually enjoy both shows but they watch AEW live and either DVR NXT or catch it on the Network on Thursday

This is me.

For some reason...AEW is one of those shows you gotta watch when it airs. Dunno why. Just is.

NXT...just like RAW and SD...I wait til I get home...go online and just watch the highlights of the show. So I'm not really concerned catching it when it airs. And it's that way wit a lot of folks.

WWE NXT Scores First Ratings Win Over AEW Dynamite With Star-Studded Show

WWE got on the board with its first ratings win of the Wednesday Night Wars, and it certainly wasn’t for a lack of effort with a loaded NXT show that boasted the biggest stars across all three shows ahead of WWE Survivor Series.

Following last week’s decisive victory for AEW Dynamite, WWE NXT drew an average viewership of 916,000, up 22% from 750,000 viewers last week and its highest number since the September 25 broadcast. NXT also shot up to No. 14 for the night among the 18-49 demographic.

With no head-to-head victories headed into its Survivor Series go-home show, the worldwide leader gleefully exploited the Raw vs. SmackDown vs. NXT dynamic of its Big Four pay-per-view with an all-hands-on-deck, hotshot broadcast. WWE’s lack of advertising main roster stars for the November 6 broadcast led to a paper-thin loss as AEW topped NXT by just 9,000 viewers.

WWE learned its lesson this time around as Raw went off the air with Triple H challenging all main roster stars to appear on NXT.

Seth Rollins, Becky Lynch, Drew McIntyre, Ricochet, Cesaro, The Revival, Nikki Cross, Carmella and Kairi Sane were just some of the main roster names with a strong presence on NXT as wild, interpromotional brawls and matchups dominated the show.
WWE’s apparent sledgehammer-to-ants mentality extended to WWE Backstage on FS1. Backstage’s disastrous premiere only drew a shockingly low 49,000 viewers. The very next week (on a broadcast which drew 100,000 viewers), CM Punk even more shockingly showed up on the fledgling studio show. Punk’s first advertised appearance translated to 180,000 viewers, a sizable 80% bump.

Whether WWE was to succeed or fail in the latest battle of the Wednesday Night Wars, all signs point to the always inevitable occurrence of Vince McMahon’s influence creeping into the product. A head-to-head win over AEW Dynamite would likely incentivize WWE NXT to continue its open-door policy as a means to use marquee names to better combat the rival promotion. Another ratings loss despite having main roster stars all over the show very well could have been an embarrassment; one warranting a complete overhaul of the product as desperation would turn to a possible week-to-week meltdown at Full Sail University.

In this instance, WWE’s victory is a bittersweet one as this hotshot formula is far from sustainable.

That last post is what I was gettin at. Yeah I expected them to beat AEW. But again...after SS...then what?

They can't keep bringing in talent from the main rosters just to "help out". That's not good if they have to. Doing so means that NXT cant stand on their own wit the current roster they have. That's just my opinion

That last post is what I was gettin at. Yeah I expected them to beat AEW. But again...after SS...then what?

They can't keep bringing in talent from the main rosters just to "help out". That's not good if they have to. Doing so means that NXT cant stand on their own wit the current roster they have. That's just my opinion

They aren't going to bruh, this was just for Survivor Series. For several years now they've been doing the RAW vs SD shit. This year they just introduced NXT into the fold (probably cause of AEW) but that doesn't mean they gonna do it weekly.

At the same time if they were feeling petty and wanted to nip all this ratings war shit in the bud then thats all they would have to do and yall know it.

They aren't going to bruh, this was just for Survivor Series. For several years now they've been doing the RAW vs SD shit. This year they just introduced NXT into the fold (probably cause of AEW) but that doesn't mean they gonna do it weekly.

At the same time if they were feeling petty and wanted to nip all this ratings war shit in the bud then thats all they would have to do and yall know it.

Man I dont put nothin past Vince. If AEW keeps kicking their azzz in the ratings, be prepared for another draft. Lol.

Man I dont put nothin past Vince. If AEW keeps kicking their azzz in the ratings, be prepared for another draft. Lol.

Im still holding on to the hope that the XFL gonna get him outta there but idk

Dude is so fuckin funny bruh

they in the comments dropping lyrics to HHHs theme song now

lmao i aint clicking that shit

I hate Bryan Alvarez more than I hate Dave Meltzer

u can't tell me he isn't anti-wwe, u just can't

He is right that it wasn't a regular NXT show but we all know that shit. They just keep throwing that out there to discredit the fact that they went over this week.

A lot of those journalist and dirt sheet people seem hurt. I've seen the ratings break down reposted and "updated" like 3-4 times since Wednesday. They need to relax

Last edited:
Damn I fucks with Bryan Alvarez, dude always makes great points. NXT is his favorite wrestling brand period so not sure about the WWE hate, most his WWE negative views are valid stuff everybody has been saying for years. Guess because he affiliated with Meltzer.

Another good one is KEEPIN IT 100 with Konnan. They keep it pretty honest too.

Last edited:
Back