Welcome To aBlackWeb

Now You 80s Babies Know What It Feels Like!!!

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
I remember when I first got online circa 99/00 I used to go to the message boards at the time like DaveyD.com, oldschoolhiphop.com and even Allhiphop.com before it was aBlackweb.com.

We used to make top 10 lists. At the time I was in my late 20s and everybody else was 5-10 years younger than me. I was the only one that had guys like Melle Mel, KRS One, Rakim and LL Cool J in my top 10. Everybody else was listing guys like Kurupt, DMX and Eminem who only had 1 or 2 albums.

Now in 2023, do you know what it feels like to read somebody else's top 10 and wonder why certain people aren't listed?

When I was in high school, we had the KRS vs Juice Crew beef, the LL vs Kool Moe Dee beef, the Ice Cube vs NWA beef, MC Lyte vs Antoinette and a few other beefs. I'm pretty sure Cool C dissed The Juice Crew around that time.

Kool Moe Dee was considered "old school" LL cool J was considered "new school"

My question is; Do you know what it feels like when your favorite rapper hasn't dropped a hot project in over a decade and the new generation doesn't even know who he is?

That's how I felt in 2000 trying to explain why I thought Melle Mel was The Goat, and he hadn't had a hit in over 15 years.

Are there any rappers you would consider GOATs that haven't dropped any heat in 15 years? That's how I felt in 2000.

Most of your posts reference your high school days. You are 50. Have you done anything noteworthy since high school?

https://ablackweb.com/search/2635231/?q=high+school&c[users]=5+Grand&o=date

When I think of Hip Hop, I think of the music I grew up listening to.

I don't think of the new generation. In fact, I don't even consider what the new generation does "Hip Hop". I know I sound old, but when I was a teenager, the older people called the music I listened to "noise" and said it wasn't real music. That's how I feel about the new generation, with a few exceptions.

But to answer your question, go on Youtube and type Mic Shabazz

But to answer your question, go on Youtube and type Mic Shabazz
nah-nah-we-good-conceited.gif

Back