Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED North Korea Publicly Executes 22 Yrs Old For Sharing K-Pop

test

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
North Korea has publicly executed a 22-year-old man for listening to and sharing K-pop as part of Pyongyang’s ruthless crackdown on outside information and culture, according to South Korea.

Details of the case were released in the 2024 Report on North Korean Human Rights by South Korea’s unification ministry on Thursday, which included testimonies from 649 North Korean defectors.

According to one of the testimonies from an unnamed source, the young man from South Hwanghae province was publicly executed in 2022 for listening to 70 South Korean songs, watching three films, and distributing them.

North Korean military guard post 3

The 22-year-old North Korean citizen was publicly executed for listening to pop music and watching films.AP
Kim Jong Un 3
The North Korean government has been cracking down on “capitalist” fashion, according to Radio Free Asia.Getty Images

The country’s ban on K-pop was implemented under the former leader, Kim Jong Il, to shield citizens from the “malign influence” of Western culture.

It was further tightened under Jong Il’s son, Kim Jong Un, who adopted a new law for the North in 2020, which prohibits “reactionary ideology and culture.”

The North has rejected criticisms of the government’s grave violations of human rights, calling it a part of a conspiracy to overthrow the leadership.

Crazy to even attempt to justify this... Especially as Kim Jong II loves American/Western culture and parties with guys like Rodman... The guy indulges in everything western but executes his own citizens that dare listen or watch anything that isnt North Korean...
He probably watches that movie the interview every Friday night and he loves the Eminem part

I don't think China would do it because of the treaty we have with Taiwan
They may see us as weak given the handling of Ukraine

I think they ll be ok as long as there is no direct engagement which I don’t think an already unpopular US President would be willing to commit to

Back