Welcome To aBlackWeb

New Prince album: Piano & a Microphone 1983

Not sure how I feel about this because he was in real control of his music as far as what was / wasn't released. Those music execs were glad when they found he passed so they could get paid while flood the market with his music

I'll check it out. Yes the vultures are taking advantage of his death. If he were alive it would still be in the vault. But he should have left a will detailing what his wishes were for his music. Business is business. People weren't going to just leave his music laying there out of respect. I like his style and will listen to whatever comes out.

I think I even heard his music in a commercial the other day. He would have never agreed to that.

Not sure how I feel about this because he was in real control of his music as far as what was / wasn't released. Those music execs were glad when they found he passed so they could get paid while flood the market with his music
I wouldn't call it flooding the market (yet). If you compare the time from MJ's death til his first posthumous album, and the time of Prince's death to this album, this one actually took them a year longer to release than MJ's posthumous album.

Back