Welcome To aBlackWeb

N.W.A's "Straight Outta Compton" album heads to the library of congress

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
Approaching its 30th anniversary of release, N.W.A.’s album Straight Outta Compton continues to be rather suddenly treated as a classic album in the mainstream. The 1988 Ruthless Records LP by Eazy-E, Dr. Dre, Ice Cube, MC Ren, and DJ Yella has always been a grassroots success. However, the album that once led to Eazy and Ruthless receiving letters from the FBI, performances that led to on-stage arrests, and music banned from some stores, is rapidly being celebrated with some of the highest honors.

StraightOuttaCompton_NWA.jpg
It has been revealed that Straight Outta Compton is one of 25 recordings headed to the National Recording Registry in the Library of Congress in Washington, D.C. The Ruthless LP joins Richard Pryor’s Wanted: Live In Concert, The Wiz soundtrack, Talking Heads’ Remain In Light, and Wilson Pickett’s “In The Midnight Hour,” among others. In addition to decisions by committee, nominations are accepted in the yearly additions to the library.

Online, N.W.A.’s surviving members have yet to react to the news. Since 2015’s Straight Outta Compton biopic, the group has been inducted into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, witnessed LPs and singles re-appear on the charts (and certified triple platinum), and recognized by the Grammy's (despite the fact that only Dr. Dre carries an award).

oh, for a sec i thought they were talking about that meh ass biopic...but this is good news

you didnt like the movie?

well, dudes on the IC was gassing it up more than Exxon (insert local gas station chain) saying they saw it in theaters like 3x and shit

I was sick af in february and decided to finally watch it on kodi and it was super meh

Cubes son stole the show and was best part...well up until he trashed priority office, then after that, his pov became docile af. Pre aids Eazy, was dope af too, but Dre came off like a cornball. NO redeeming qualities about his story arc or rather nothing worth mentioning. I would've loved to see him address the Michele shit, but of course, for that to happen, he will have to admit he abused that girl. But the two biggest pieces that just rubbed me the wrong way was the part where Dre tells Suge to fuck off basically then turns and says the "AFTERMATH" bit and the part when they came up with the concept for "the chronic"..

really nigga??

well, dudes on the IC was gassing it up more than Exxon (insert local gas station chain) saying they saw it in theaters like 3x and shit

I was sick af in february and decided to finally watch it on kodi and it was super meh

Cubes son stole the show and was best part...well up until he trashed priority office, then after that, his pov became docile af. Pre aids Eazy, was dope af too, but Dre came off like a cornball. NO redeeming qualities about his story arc or rather nothing worth mentioning. I would've loved to see him address the Michele shit, but of course, for that to happen, he will have to admit he abused that girl. But the two biggest pieces that just rubbed me the wrong way was the part where Dre tells Suge to fuck off basically then turns and says the "AFTERMATH" bit and the part when they came up with the concept for "the chronic"..

really nigga??

lord youre a tough cookie.

I thought it was a dope movie.

of course it wasn't 100% accurate AP, ppl always try to show themselves in the best light.

lord youre a tough cookie.

I thought it was a dope movie.

of course it wasn't 100% accurate AP, ppl always try to show themselves in the best light.

nah....it wasnt even that it wasnt accurate or whatever b/c a lot of stuff i honestly didnt know b/c i was too young to really appreciate what they did for rap during that time

however, certain shit still came off just fucking corny

nah....it wasnt even that it wasnt accurate or whatever b/c a lot of stuff i honestly didnt know b/c i was too young to really appreciate what they did for rap during that time

however, certain shit still came off just fucking corny

I understand. I felt like people either loved it or hated it.

I understand. I felt like people either loved it or hated it.

im honestly somewhere in the middle

i thought the first act was the strongest...second act was pretty decent...third act was like "maybe one day they'll play this on BET"

im honestly somewhere in the middle

i thought the first act was the strongest...second act was pretty decent...third act was like "maybe one day they'll play this on BET"

lmaoooooo dead @ B.E.T

B.E.T be killing the tributes tho

Back