Welcome To aBlackWeb

My Grandfather passed away

He was a 33rd??

Hm... he must have been quite a fluent and wealthy man. Lesser members with low incomes doesn't degrees up this far, least sought to become Grandmasters.

He was a 33rd??

Hm... he must have been quite a fluent and wealthy man. Lesser members with low incomes doesn't degrees up this far, least sought to become Grandmasters.

Yeah, 33rd. He wasn't what I would consider wealthy but he did alright for an 88 year old black man. He's been involved with The Mason's since before my father was born and my father is 57. usually when I tell people he was a 33rd degree they'll say naw that's not true because it's not that many of them but I'm like he's been doing that for a long time.

I never joined the Mason's or The Elk's Lodge but people have been telling me since I was grown that I could practically walk in to either one because of his status. I thought about joining but I wouldn't want to do it unless I could commit the right amount of time to them. Maybe in a few years I might dive into it but my little brother thinks that he's ready.

Sorry for your loss. He lived a full life.

My dad's father died when he was 14. My mom's dad is still around and he just pops around when he fills like it. I love the guy but I don't have the emotional attachment like I do with my grandmothers.

He'll send money on holidays birthdays etc. I tried to call him on Christmas 3 times and left a message and he didn't call back.

However, my grandad is the bicycle man. He rides his bike every day from his home to downtown Detroit. He'll chill by the river and ride back home. He's miserable in the winter cuz he can't ride his bike.

These kids robbed him at gunpoint for his bike years ago and the block gathered money and bought him a new one.

Crazy story, my grandad takes his bike everywhere. He's been to Jerusalem, Yellowstone National Park Egypt just bike riding. He was in St Lucia on vacation and got lost. He finally comes across this big mansion on a farm. He rings the doorbell to ask for help and George Foreman answers the door.

George Foreman let him in and they ate and drank and became really good friends. George Foreman wife is from St. Lucia and they have a banana farm on the land and they import the bananas.

My grandad goes to St. Lucia all the time now to hang with George Foreman and they go zip lining bike riding all kinda stuff now.

Crazy that when my grandfather does pass away George Foreman will probably be there

Sorry for your loss. He lived a full life.

My dad's father died when he was 14. My mom's dad is still around and he just pops around when he fills like it. I love the guy but I don't have the emotional attachment like I do with my grandmothers.

He'll send money on holidays birthdays etc. I tried to call him on Christmas 3 times and left a message and he didn't call back.

However, my grandad is the bicycle man. He rides his bike every day from his home to downtown Detroit. He'll chill by the river and ride back home. He's miserable in the winter cuz he can't ride his bike.

These kids robbed him at gunpoint for his bike years ago and the block gathered money and bought him a new one.

Crazy story, my grandad takes his bike everywhere. He's been to Jerusalem, Yellowstone National Park Egypt just bike riding. He was in St Lucia on vacation and got lost. He finally comes across this big mansion on a farm. He rings the doorbell to ask for help and George Foreman answers the door.

George Foreman let him in and they ate and drank and became really good friends. George Foreman wife is from St. Lucia and they have a banana farm on the land and they import the bananas.

My grandad goes to St. Lucia all the time now to hang with George Foreman and they go zip lining bike riding all kinda stuff now.

Crazy that when my grandfather does pass away George Foreman will probably be there

That's dope

Yeah, 33rd. He wasn't what I would consider wealthy but he did alright for an 88 year old black man. He's been involved with The Mason's since before my father was born and my father is 57. usually when I tell people he was a 33rd degree they'll say naw that's not true because it's not that many of them but I'm like he's been doing that for a long time.

I never joined the Mason's or The Elk's Lodge but people have been telling me since I was grown that I could practically walk in to either one because of his status. I thought about joining but I wouldn't want to do it unless I could commit the right amount of time to them. Maybe in a few years I might dive into it but my little brother thinks that he's ready.

Family status helps a lot. My late father was apparently pretty advanced in Rosicrucianism whils my maternal family, while not being involved into all of those, got a pretty wide reputation too. Since I reached my legal age, random people always tries to approach me for convincing me into joining their lodges, as if they already know about me and my family by name: not just black folks but whites too.

Back