Welcome To aBlackWeb

MQA

Goldie

I Just Want Some Chips
Site Owner
Yesterday I upgraded my plan on Tidal to test out the "Hi-Fi" audio quality that's been said to be best out of all the streaming platforms.

I first tested out the "Hi-Fi" quality and it was a noticeable difference but not by much, especially not for what they're charging.

For the past year or so since I've been using Tidal I would see an "M" symbol under songs similar to the "E" symbol that's for explicit, but never knew what the M was for. So about 15 mins after I tested out the "Hi-Fi" quality I noticed that the "M" was for "Master Quality" or "MQA" , which they say sounds like the Master copy of a song/how the song sounded in the studio when they recorded it.

I'm not even bullshittin, the "Master/MQA" audio quality is fuckin amazing.

If I could compare it using numbers from 0-100.

Lo-Fi (normal) = 35
Hi-Fi = 50
Master (MQA) = 100 maybe even 150

Which made me say to myself "Why is nobody talking about this?"

So I go to Youtube to research this shit and see that there's been a "war" within the "Audiophile" community about MQA.

A lot of Audiophiles (music audio quality nerds) have always had their nose in the air at the average music listener because most people listen to MP3/streaming music , while audiophiles took pride in not fucking with digital music and sticking with analog.

But now with MQA (Which is only available on Tidal (Hov done did it again), audiophiles feel a way about it cuz MQA arguably sounds considerably better than CD/Vinyl audio quality and now it's available for the average consumer digitally.

Before I continue I wanna say, if you're gonna check out MQA make sure you do it with a good stereo system or headphones, don't waste your time with airpods or some other cheap shit.

I'm using the Sony MDR's

sony-jpg.91760

Here's a few videos with audiophiles discussing this "Controversy"

The only downside currently is similar to 4k/UHD, there's only a small selection of albums that's currently available in MQA.

Every Hov, Beyonce and Rihanna album are available in MQA. I'm noticing a lot of new releases are available in MQA but it might take a while before all the old classics are in MQA form.

• Ether
Reactions: 1/2
Another downside to MQA (Masters) is if you listen to most of your music using your data. I noticed sometimes it takes a lil longer to buffer the song using my cell data. But when I'm at home using my wifi it never buffers.

Back