Welcome To aBlackWeb

Movies that were better than the book?

Duwop

You're the target, not the victim 🧐
Mod Squad
We often hear people proudly boast that whenever there's a movie or show based off a book it comic that source material was better.

It's almost common place.

But how about when the contrary is true?

How often have you experienced a movie that surpassed it's source material?

It rare, but it happens.

My first example is fight club.

Easily one of my favorite movies of all time. Loved it .Thought it was witty, artistic, philosophical, all that....

Then one day I read the book....

And I'll say this...

Kudos to the people who turned that book... Into that movie....

The book was just poor imo...

It was a lot of rambling on and on.... And if it wasn't for the movie it's really incomplete.

The movie is like a sane person telling the story of a mad man.... And it's effectively brilliant.

The book is the insane man telling his own story.... And while I will admit it's an interesting story...I commend the people who decided to make it into a movie.... Cuz they did the book one of the greatest justices I've ever witnessed in my life..

As a kid i read the autobiography of Rubin Carter after seeing The Hurricane. Great movie but book was crazy. Prolly the grittiest book i ever read.

Also read source material for Goodfellas. Another great read. Goodfellas is the greatest movie of all time so i will say...

Goodfellas movie > the book

images

This ish shits all over the source material both the anime and the manga
All tree movies as a matter o fact.

Loved the anime growing up but movies action is too dope

Never had an instance of the movie being better. I think because when we read the book, we are mentally making our own movie in our heads about the book so many times when we see a film on the book, we are seeing someone else's vision and it disappoints us because of course our own vision is what is best in our opinions.

I read the godfather back in highschool then saw the movie. As classic as the movie is, I was still disappointed in it.

Beloved.

Beloved was a bad movie imo....

But it was a much more horrible of a read. Probably the most painful read of my life.

Beloved.

But it was a much more horrible of a read. Probably the most painful read of my life.

Beloved.

Back