Welcome To aBlackWeb

Mother & son; cold fries, a gun and murder

VIBE

Do More. Be Legendary.
The man accused of shooting a Brooklyn McDonald’s worker in the face during a spat over cold french fries confessed to an earlier murder — a killing he had gotten away with until the fast food fracas, police sources said Wednesday.

While being questioned for shooting fast-food worker Matthew Webb in the faceduring a quarrel Monday that spilled outside the Bedford-Stuyvesant McDonald’s, Michael Morgan confessed to an Oct. 21, 2020, homicide he was long suspected of committing.

That fatal shooting took place six blocks from the McDonald’s.

Police later Wednesday charged Morgan, 20, with slaying 28-year-old Kevin Holloman, who was gunned down in front of an apartment building on Herkimer St. near Rochester Ave. Holloman suffered “multiple” gunshot wounds, said police.

Investigators suspected Morgan, who has an extensive rap sheet, of committing the 2020 shooting, but Brooklyn prosecutors wanted more evidence, a police source said.

“For a while we tried to make an arrest and get this guy off the street,” a police source said. “The guy should be behind bars, should be in jail.”

Morgan was also charged with weapon possession for Monday’s shooting, cops said. His girlfriend, 18-year-old Camellia Dunlap, was also arrested on weapon possession charges for allegedly running off with his gun after the shooting, police revealed Wednesday.

Morgan did not speak when officers led him out of the 79th Precinct stationhouse on Wednesday afternoon.

Webb, 23, was working in the eatery when Morgan’s 40-year-old mother groused that her french fries were cold, police said.

At the same time, she was talking with her son Morgan on FaceTime. As the french fry flap escalated, Morgan and Dunlap showed up at the restaurant as the French fry flap escalated.

The argument ultimately spilled outside the eatery and across the street, where Morgan allegedly pulled a 9-mm handgun and shot Webb in the face.

“We were sitting here and we heard ‘pop!’” a street vendor told the Daily News.

Morgan, who sources said has a record of 13 prior arrests, then gave his handgun to Dunlap, who ran off with it, cops said.

Morgan was nabbed by cops as he fled the shooting scene.

His girlfriend was arrested a few hours later. It was not immediately clear if the gun was recovered.

Medics rushed Webb to Brookdale University Hospital, where he remained in extremely critical condition Wednesday. He has no criminal record. A shooting witness said he is well-liked by his McDonald’s co-workers.

Morgan’s arraignment in Brooklyn Criminal Court was pending Wednesday.

Morgan’s arrest brought little comfort to Holloman’s family.

“I am relieved but it will never bring my brother back,” said Gardenia Holloman, 32, Kevin Holloman’s sister. “So it’s bittersweet.”

“He was life of the party,” she said. “All he did was dance and make you laugh, and he was loving and kind. He was a wonderful uncle to three little girls and he loved them.”

Her own 4-year-old daughter “keeps asking when Uncle Kevin will come back,” she said.

“He was a mama’s boy,” the sister said. “Him and my mom were very close. My mother passed away right after him. She died of a broken heart. It messed my mother up badly. She couldn’t take it.”

Gardenia Holloman said she couldn’t get past the irony of how Morgan was caught. She said she knew he was a suspect in her brother’s murder and saw him twice around the neighborhood after the shooting.

“It was very unfortunate that It took so long, because they already had a witness,” she said. “They told me it wasn’t enough evidence. It took him to do something else to someone else, it’s really sad.

“I heard about the McDonald’s situation and then they told me about an arrest,” she said. “I’m happy that he actually confessed. It was weighing heavy on my family that he was still out and about, and look what happened.”

Crazy..mom is at McD..gets cold fries, goes in to talk abt it, ends up in an argument that ends up outside…Moms son shows up and shoots the McD employee in the neck…son is arrested and eventually confessed to a murder from 2020…now he’s facing that charge on top of an attempted murder charge. His gf was also arrested as she took his gun to hide it?

cold fries, cold world

I know exactly where that Crack Donald is. It’s right down the street from the bar I frequent.

Fully gentrified, my ass. Don’t be fooled by the influx of YTs. RIP to that dude.

Fuck the shooter. He needs 40-to-life.

Niggas need better conflict resolution skills.

Medics rushed Webb to Brookdale University Hospital
anigif_sub-buzz-25972-1479741401-2.gif

Back