Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Most Favored Posessions

Mooney

Moon for Short
Throughout life we have attained many things some of which are priceless some are novelties of your childhood and some are reminders ...what are somethings in that are in your possession that mean a lot to you?

atari_centipede.jpg

This. It's the only thing I have left from my coveted Atari 800XL computer I had from '84-'97. In '97 I was basically homeless for a while, just crashing at my friend's crib in Pontiac until I got on my feet. I had my Atari 800XL plus a shitload of games, disk drive, cassette drive, plotter, and a whooooole lotta floppy discs with games and my own programs that I wrote on it as well as my Atari ST and all the discs for that as well. I got tired of lugging all of it around from place to place and decided to throw it all in the dumpster next to her building. Somehow this one cartridge got overlooked and I've kept it ever since. I've always regretted throwing away all of that stuff 'cause along with it went yeeeears of my own work, including a whole lot of sequences for beats I made using the ST.

This cartridge is a reminder to think things through before doing it and that my situation may be fucked up at a given time, but it won't be like that forever.

I got these plastic cartoon characters that hang on the wall from my grandmother's house. Cant explain em or find anything like it online but they seem to be made out of plastic shells or beads, melted together to form these characters.....there's roadrunner, tweety, and then a little black girl and boy kneeling down praying

Edit: finally found one online....idk what that shit is
s-l300.jpg

these things were on the wall in the kids' room at my grandparents house my whole life, and now they're in my girls' room

I also have most of my granddad's military gear....bags, hats, jackets, ponchos, etc....the real heavy shit from the air force in the 60's

SPT026328-1_20150107.jpg

that and tons of family pictures.....they kept bookcases full of photo books and myself and my mama have all of them.....when the grands died and everybody went thru the house looking for expensive material shit, these are the things I chose

Im not a hoarder or crazy emotional about the shit but im glad I have it....i take it all out and look at it sometimes

Back