Welcome To aBlackWeb

Merchant Seaman/Marine

Its interesting but parts of the sea literally stink and one bad wave or storm and you can die. Not to mention the smell of fish you carrying.

I wish you well and safe travels if that's what you trying to do tho.

Good luck.

Hopefully when (if) COVID-19 clears up you will actually get to explore some foreign ports because you most likely will not be able to leave the pier your boat with be birthed at......

I'm sure it's going to be a great way to save money though.

I worked on the Staten Island Ferry for a year as a Deckhand. I was qualified due to my experience in the Navy as Deck Seaman. I later on became an Electrician's Mate. Work for Con Ed now tho.

So what you want to know about being a deckhand? I have a friend from New Orleans thats in the Merchant Marine fueling ships and stuff. Its just like being in the Navy but you're a civilian. Don't forget to apply for your twic card yo.

Personally I feel the ferries is best because your home everyday and better if your in a big city like NYC or Chicago.
North Carolina Ferry(NCDOT). is cool from what I heard.

Norfolk eh... that's where i was stationed at. Been in the Portsmouth and Newport News shipyards too

I miss the 7 cities

Picasso's Night Club in Va Beach...

DJ Music & Video in Tidewater ... ah man

Its interesting but parts of the sea literally stink and one bad wave or storm and you can die. Not to mention the smell of fish you carrying.

I wish you well and safe travels if that's what you trying to do tho.
Merchant Marine ships are big as Naval ships. It aint no small boat carrying fish lol
The smaller the vessel the harder it rocks. Ships don't rock in storms like small vessels. It also depends on the helmsman

They carry fuel and supplies for Naval ships.

Last edited:
Merchant Marine ships are big as Naval ships. It aint no small boat carrying fish lol
The smaller the vessel the harder it rocks. Ships don't rock in storms like small vessels. It also depends on the helmsman

They carry fuel and supplies for Naval ships.

Word.

Either way I wish him the best in his endeavors.

My cousin does it it’s good money he go to ports and jobs like that you can work for so many companies. My homegirl thinking about doing it. My other cousin was finna but a house before he passed working for them

Back