Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Mental Health

Allergens

Me I'm Supa Fly
I searched the forum for a discussion thread about mental health and didn't find any, so please excuse me if there is one.

But I created this thread so that we can share resources on info and things that work or didn't work when it comes to mental health.

This part of DMXs "Stop Being Greedy" always struck me to the core.

I could flip that flow, I could stick that ho
I could get that dough, you know I'm with that yo
Ain't no thing about the shit I came through, or haven't seen
But when it gets dark, it's like a nigga's having dreams
All nightmares, the light there deserts me
Got me like everybody wants to hurt me
Paranoid, so I strike out at whatever

When I was young and I heard that I never knew why that got to me so much, till I got older and realized with me being bi-polar. That's how my days would feel, one moment all is well and I understand that I'm cared for and I feel cared for.

Then at some point in the day, I just felt like everyone was the enemy and it felt so real. Recently I've for about a month finally took action and thankfully got the right prescription for meds. It's evened me out so much and opened my eyes to the reality of how essential mental health is.

As the drug takes effect in my brain, there are points..gaps, in the day where there's a transition of thought with how I was thinking and how I think now. I felt like I was living in two realities. One where I was happy and I saw a positive opportunity for thought in every thing.

Then there was one that makes me feel like that reality was a complete lie. I was lying to myself and I'm mad pussy for trying to escape the reality of how evil the world is. It made me feel like I ain't shit and anyone who is around me ain't shit even worse. Cause they refuse to be honest about how ain't shit I am. And it makes hate them and want to harm them.

After I would take my daily dose, those thoughts would slip away. I spoke to my mother who is a mental health advocate. I told her I felt like I was losing my mind, I don't know which reality is real. She told me,.."We aren't alive to live in unhappiness, anger, and paranoia. The fact that I have to tell you that it's true that you can be loved should tell you the reality that you don't feel loved isnt the real reality".

Which bugged me out because until she told me that, I was convinced the happy reality was fake. That's how real mental health is, if I was a weaker nigga, Ida bodied myself off of pure self hatred that had no actually reality to it.

So I wanna say to anyone that is suffering from it. Please, please, don't think that those thoughts and that thought process is a reality you have to live with. There's no weakness in admitting your not strong enough to do it on your own.

Mental Health is a critical discussion that is neglected by black people. Especially discussions about some of the redundant shit black people do that simply doesn't benefit us
  1. Glorifying criminals that does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to benefit anyone outside of themselves (But will try to harm to other people that look like them in a heartbeat).
  2. Supporting foreign/outside establishments (jewelry stores, nail & hair salons, restaurants etc.) who hates us to their core, but don't mind making a come up off of us; reluctantly so at that. Yet, still won't give a nigga with a honest hustle the time of day to provide a service while trying to build an empire (at whatever rate).
  3. Doing absolutely nothing productive for our own benefit, but quick to find every fault with another nigga who is
I mean shit, I can go ON AND ON about some of these tired ass tactics that black people do with an 100% chance of failure, however there's a dude i'm subscribed to on YouTube called "larmovement" who specializes this kind of shit. And as far as i'm concerned larmovement, is a Grand Master when it comes to exploiting, understanding and deconstructing some of these hopeless habits that niggas do day in and day out.

My homegirl started a podcast that revolves around mental health if you interested in listening

Back