Welcome To aBlackWeb

Meet '2nd Generation Wu', The Children of Wu Tang Clan

5 Grand

Old School Godfather

By Victoria Priola | [email protected]

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y.-- Wu-Tang Clan is for the children. Even their children know that.
Sons of the legendary hip-hop group’s founding members came together to create “2nd Generation Wu,” a music group consisting of iNTeLL, the son of U-God; PXWER, son of Method Man; SUN GOD, son of Ghostface Killah and “Young Dirty Bastard,” son of the late “Old Dirty Bastard.”

“Growing up, I’ve always had the mindset of 'I am who I am, my father is who he is,” iNTeLL told SILive.com. “We’re all next in line to receive ‘Wu-Tang is forever’ but at the same time, we all have our own unique sound and we’re ready to share that together.”
The group dropped its debut single this month titled “7 O.D.” through Dock Street Records, based inside Amendment 18 in Stapleton. The opening lyric to the debut single is “God made everything around me; Forget about the money; None of it is real y’all.” (The video below has some choice language that may not be suitable for audiences of all ages. Viewers digression is advised.)

clout rules everything around me, CREAM
get the follows....they tryna take our likes yaaaaaaw

nah no hate, hope they make sumn pop....if not they still great

Hmmm, I don't know about this to be honest. Sounds like they just recycling what their fathers already did. They needed to find a way to make something new.

Yeah but if they can put a 2019 spin on it the younger generation should like it.

And it wouldn't be considered "biting" if they remade, or sampled some of their father's music.

Yeah but if they can put a 2019 spin on it the younger generation should like it.

And it wouldn't be considered "biting" if they remade, or sampled some of their father's music.

Well, if this song is any indication, they clearly aren't trying to do that. They are basically just channeling the old Wu. I mean let's be real. Young DB is the perfect example. Don't is basically making a living off of being a cheap imitation of his father. I'm not saying that to knock him. That's literally what he's doing. Sun God is cool and doesn't sound like Ghost #2, but at the same time, he hasn't really grinded for himself or tried to come up with his own sound at all over all this time. He's basically just been a feature on his dad's work here and there.

Back