Welcome To aBlackWeb

Meek Mill's 2008 Conviction Thrown Out

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner

Story via TMZ. - Meek Mill is getting a second shot at justice -- his 2008 gun conviction was just thrown out ... and he's being granted a new trial AND a new judge to re-fight the charge.

A panel of judges handed down their decision Wednesday in Pennsylvania Superior Court -- saying Meek does in fact deserve a new trial, with a new jury ... and most importantly a new judge who ISN'T Judge Genece Brinkley ... who many believe had it out for him the first time around.

Meek celebrated the decision on social media, writing ... "As of right now I’m not on probation and I am not a felon anymore," adding a bunch of praying hands. He went on to say, "today was mega!!!"

and after all that i'd sue

lost wages .....

when the bitch said he couldnt tour, couldnt sell his records.

nah.....dont let this shit go

He still gotta go to trial. He gotta let it go before history repeats itself.

Question tho... if it's a new trial and he's found guilty again, is it a time served type thing or he gotta go through the system again? I don't quite understand.

Same, if found guilty then what ?

I guess it could be up to the Judge because he/she is the one who passes the sentence. If its a fair and impartial judge then hopefully that person would just be ok with Time Served otherwise he could go back to jail but im not entirely sure

i can not see a judge asking for time.

he has shown he is out in the community and with the label giving jobs that can add to local communities and taking potential criminals off the streets.

If a dirty cop is involved, I don't see him taking any deal that isn't some BS misdemeanor. If that. With his money he can afford a lawyer good enough to get all charges dropped.

If a dirty cop is involved, I don't see him taking any deal that isn't some BS misdemeanor. If that. With his money he can afford a lawyer good enough to get all charges dropped.
Robert 'Happy Ending' (pause) Kraft got him

Or Mike 'Two Teams' (pause) Rubin got him

The funny thing is he was just another up and coming rapper in2008. Now, 10 years later, because of this trial he's become the face of criminal justice reform.

Yeah he's been through alot but he's gotten publicity that money can't buy.

And even if he loses on the retrial he'll get credit for time served.

Also, it might sound stupid but, he also got "street cred" for serving time over the gun charge. In this backwards world that gun charge is the best thing that could have happened to him.

All his billionaire and millionaire friends nigga about to have a record cleaner than if this bitch personally wiped it
consuela.jpg

He wouldn't een had gotten a new trial if the outcome wasn't predetermined.
This looks good for everybody

Back