Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Maniac

GOAT

🐐
IMG_20180418_104631.jpg
IMG_20180418_104639.jpg

Netflix has released first look images of upcoming Emma Stone and Jonah Hill series Maniac from True Detective director Cary Fukunaga. The anticipated black comedy follows two strangers who find themselves caught up in a mind-bending pharmaceutical trial gone awry. Also among the cast are Sally Field, Justin Theroux, Julia Garner and Jemima Kirke.

Written by Patrick Somerville and based on the 2014 Norwegian series, 10 episode-Maniac is produced by Paramount TV and Anonymous Content. The latter teamed up with Fukunaga on the first season of HBO’s True Detective and TNT’s new show The Alienist. Production details and plot have largely been kept under wraps on this one — air date hasn’t been set — but the first images look fun. La La Land star Stone hasn’t had a starring role in a show for the small screen since 2007 series Drive. The first looks were released during a Netflix news drop in Rome where the streaming giant is revealing new projects, first looks and trailers.

1708911086233.png

Maniac follows "Annie Landsberg and Owen Milgrim, two strangers drawn to the late stages of a mysterious pharmaceutical trial, each for their own reasons. Annie’s disaffected and aimless, fixated on broken relationships with her mother and her sister; Owen, the fifth son of wealthy New York industrialists, has struggled his whole life with a disputed diagnosis of schizophrenia. Neither of their lives have turned out quite right, and the promise of a new, radical kind of pharmaceutical treatment—a sequence of pills its inventor, Dr. James K. Mantleray, claims can repair anything about the mind, be it mental illness or heartbreak—draws them and ten other strangers to the facilities of Neberdine Pharmaceutical and Biotech for a three-day drug trial that will, they’re assured, with no complications or side-effects whatsoever, solve all of their problems, permanently."[1]

Looks pretty decent. I’ll give it a couple episodes to form an opinion

Yeah i thought this was supposed to be a movie as well. Jonah Hill has come a long ass way, man. I miss his Comedy roles, but its cool to see him do some serious acting and hes even directing movies now too.

I'm on episode 5, been watching it here and there. It's not a bad show. Bit confusing if you're not paying attention tho. I've had to rewind a few times lol

Thought it was cool. A bit convoluted but that was expected.

Nothing mind blowing, but I was locked in and binged it 2 weekends ago.

Emma Stone was excellent in this. Best acting I've ever seen her do.

Jonah Hill tried too hard to be serious and sad, but it didn't bother me too much.

The episodes only last a half hour or so, so 10 episodes aren't as hard to get through.

Watched the trailer
Did yall see that fuckin stuffed koala bear tho
Wtf was up with that shit mann

Back