Welcome To aBlackWeb

Man shot and killed for holding elevator door open for group of women

Shit like this is why I can't be against the death penalty completely. I feel like we need to make an example out of some of these people. Ain't no excuse for behavior like this.

Yup. I've always believed universally there should be that type of law. Unless it's in self defense, if you punch someone's ticket then yours should get punched as well.

Headline is a little clickbaity but still a terrible situationā€¦

It sounds like they got into some kind of argument that started because of the elevator door thing, but he was shot over something that was said (apparently viewed as disrespect) not the holding of the door itself. Anything for the views though.

Shit like this is why I can't be against the death penalty completely. I feel like we need to make an example out of some of these people. Ain't no excuse for behavior like this.

In theory yes, but in practice theres been a bunch of cases overturned cause it turned out they found the wrong person guilty and gave them death.

If there was ever a real indepth investigation, then im sure theyll find a bunch more innocent people that were given the death penalty while they were innocent.

Thats the issue. Cant trust these prosecutors who rather close a case than be right

Last edited:
In theory yes, but in practice theres been a bunch of cases overturned cause it turned out they found the wrong person guilty and gave them death.

If there was ever a real indepth investigation, then im sure theyll find a bunch more inncent people that were given the death penalty while they were innocent.

Thats the issue. Cant trust these prosecutors who rather close a case than be right

This is the sole reason I'm against the death penalty. I simply don't trust this justice system to get it right more than shit gets done wrong.

C7A2869B-6F13-4647-9396-E36F276B3AE6.jpeg

You see how they gloss over the argument itself, when the words exchanged were the real reason dude got shot? Clearly the shooter was in the wrong so thereā€™s no point wasting time debating that, but actual journalism would be tracking down a witness or two to find out what was said. Sadly that doesnā€™t really exist these days where they just stop as a soon they get enough to package the story in provocative way.

If there was ever a real indepth investigation, then im sure theyll find a bunch more innocent people that were given the death penalty while they were innocent.

Agreed, and that's the real reason why I'm not a diehard death penalty supporter.

Terrible šŸ˜” I have little to no hope for humanity

View attachment 972432

You see how they gloss over the argument itself, when the words exchanged were the real reason dude got shot? Clearly the shooter was in the wrong so thereā€™s no point wasting time debating that, but actual journalism would be tracking down a witness or two to find out what was said. Sadly that doesnā€™t really exist these days where they just stop as a soon they get enough to package the story in provocative way.

lol Does that matter? Whether the dude killed him because of him holding the elevator or killed because of an argument that erupted from him holding the elevator doesn't really change things much.

lol Does that matter? Whether the dude killed him because of him holding the elevator or killed because of an argument that erupted from him holding the elevator doesn't really change things much.

One scenario is an everyday occurrence and the other is national news

View attachment 972432

It's rare for media to ever cover the what part of the argument that actually lead to the final outcome outside of using the word "escalated".

Back