Welcome To aBlackWeb

M.I.A blames ROC Nation , Jay Z and US Government for her Custody battle and keeping her away from her child

It’s interesting that in America the problem you’re allowed to talk about is Black Lives Matter. It’s not a new thing to me — it’s what Lauryn Hill was saying in the 1990s, or Public Enemy in the 1980s. Is Beyoncé or Kendrick Lamar going to say Muslim Lives Matter? Or Syrian Lives Matter? Or this kid in Pakistan matters? That’s a more interesting question

i haven’t really fucked with her since

i haven’t really fucked with her since

What's wrong with that statement? It's not anti-black. She's basically saying that the concept of black lives matter is something that people have been talking about for a long time in America. She was basically asking when it would be just as acceptable to have that sentiment for Muslim. That's a fair thing to ask. Now it would also be fair to point out to her that we're only "allowed to talk about Black Lives Matter" because black people have continuously fought that fight in America. It's not like the white supremacist power structure is showing black people some kind of favor. She also ignores the fact that while BLM is allowed to be raised for discussion, much of that discussion is demonization.

What's wrong with that statement? It's not anti-black. She's basically saying that the concept of black lives matter is something that people have been talking about for a long time in America. She was basically asking when it would be just as acceptable to have that sentiment for Muslim. That's a fair thing to ask. Now it would also be fair to point out to her that we're only "allowed to talk about Black Lives Matter" because black people have continuously fought that fight in America. It's not like the white supremacist power structure is showing black people some kind of favor. She also ignores the fact that while BLM is allowed to be raised for discussion, much of that discussion is demonization.

You answered your own question. THAT is what's wrong with it. She's muslim No one is stopping her from starting her movement, creating her catchy slogan to encapsulate it and hitting the streets.

Instead, she's demonizing black people for being too focused on US being persecuted to stop the momentum and advocate for another group. And she's doing it by naming specific black people. Fuck outta here.

You answered your own question. THAT is what's wrong with it. She's muslim No one is stopping her from starting her movement, creating her catchy slogan to encapsulate it and hitting the streets.

Instead, she's demonizing black people for being too focused on US being persecuted to stop the momentum and advocate for another group. And she's doing it by naming specific black people. Fuck outta here.

That's fair. Maybe you have to read the whole statement, but I didn't take her comment as demonizing black people. I thought she was talking about America in general and questioning when people at the forefront of American culture would start to care about Muslim problems.

Don't get me wrong, I think it's stupid when people from other races feel like black people are obligated to fight their battles for them. I just thought she was more trying to point out how her specific group still wasn't really respected in this country. She's not wrong. Just look how Rashida and Ilhan get treated in Congress.

If she really was on some "Why do people care so much about black people? What about us?" type shit, I see why ya'll have dismissed her.

she came across as very dismissive of the movement and why it’s still here. almost like “oh yeah, i heard about these issues 20-30 years ago. let’s talk about something else now”. if we’ve seen progress since that time, these discussions wouldn’t be needed today. that’s why we’re still talking about it. that seem to have went over her head

additionally, she specifically asked if black musicians were going to talk about issues unrelated related to them. asking them to put other movements on equal footing or even above their own. i swear they only ask US to do shit like that

she let her anti-blackness show, so i haven’t rocked with her since

paper planes is still my shit tho

she came across as very dismissive of the movement and why it’s still here. almost like “oh yeah, i heard about these issues 20-30 years ago. let’s talk about something else now”. if we’ve seen progress since that time, these discussions wouldn’t be needed today. that’s why we’re still talking about it. that seem to have went over her head

additionally, she specifically asked if black musicians were going to talk about issues unrelated related to them. asking them to put other movements on equal footing or even above their own. i swear they only ask US to do shit like that

she let her anti-blackness show, so i haven’t rocked with her since

paper planes is still my shit tho

When did that interview come out? If it was around the George Floyd incident, I'm betting she was taking that stance because with that particular protest people of all races were standing up.

Meh, I don't know anything about the chick, so I ain't about to go on a ledge for her. I just thought she was speaking more about America in general as opposed to her specific belief that black people should be standing up for them. It always trips me out how none of these other groups ever bother to ask black people for our help. For whatever reason, they always just feel entitled to it.

There's literally NOTHING that says she is required to stay in America. She can literally leave at any moment. Fuck outta here.
Looks like she has 50/50 custody with her ex. So she can leave at anytime, but can't take her son with her.

I don't see why Jay-z or ROC Nation would have anything to do with a custody issue...

I always figured she might have been crazy but not all caps with no punctuation crazy.

Bigger one hit wonder

Mia for paper planes
Desiigner for Panda

Back