Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Luther Vandross vs Rihanna (Luther advances smh)

Who U Got?

• Luther

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • Rihanna

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
Canibus is more lyrically better than cube/scarface etc , does that automatically make him better?

In the lyrical part. Yes

Making music. No

Yall focusing on one aspect of what makes an artist great and disregarding the rest.

What I'm I disregarding?

I don't think the music she makes is that great, and a big part of that is bcuz she isn't that good of an singer.

I mean shit, this is a tournament about SINGERS.

Last edited:
In the lyrical part. Yes

Making music. No

What I'm I disregarding?

I don't think she music she makes is that great, and a big part of that is bcuz she isn't that good of an singer.

I mean shit, this is a tournament about SINGERS.

lol/smh

U just admitted rapping wise Canibus>>face/cube, music wise no. In a tournament about RAPPING , where canibus is >>> Cube/Face, he would lose.

Meaning, just cuz someone RAPS better, doesn't mean he makes better music. Just cuz someones SINGS better, doesn't mean they make better music.

This shit isn't that hard to comprehend lol

U just admitted rapping wise Canibus>>face/cube, music wise no. In a tournament about RAPPING , where canibus is >>> Cube/Face, he would lose.

Yes. in a tournament about RAP SKILLS, not including their songs, albums,legacy,impact, ect. Their RAP SKILLS, I would chose Canibus over Cube/Face (2 of my top 5 all time btw)

Meaning, just cuz someone RAPS better, doesn't mean he makes better music. Just cuz someones SINGS better, doesn't mean they make better music.

No shit.

Look I think Lady GaGa is talented AF vocally, but the music she makes with that vocal talent, just ain't for me.

I could overlook mediocre/average talent if I think the music is good. I do it all the time in hip-hop (Jeezy and Fetty Wap for example)

With Rihanna I don't think she can sing AND her music isn't that good.

What part of that are you not getting?

Yes. in a tournament about RAP SKILLS, not including their songs, albums,legacy,impact, ect. Their RAP SKILLS, I would chose Canibus over Cube/Face (2 of my top 5 all time btw)

No shit.

Look I think Lady GaGa is talented AF vocally, but the music she makes with that vocal talent, just ain't for me.

I could overlook mediocre/average talent if I think the music is good. I do it all the time in hip-hop (Jeezy and Fetty Wap for example)

With Rihanna I don't think she can sing AND her music isn't that good.

What part of that are you not getting?

So you think her music isn't good lol, ok.

There is no way Rhianna is in the same league with Luther. Lol she can out dance him tho.

The nigga is called the voice for a reason.

Fun fact.........The group Heatwave was the first to simg Always and Forever. Their keyboard player wrote all their music. He also worte Thriller for MJ. They also did Ain't No Half Stepping for you hip hop heads

This is why we need elders in the group. I never knew this.

Goldie, I think I'm more pro Rihanna than hell, Rihanna
Fun fact.........The group Heatwave was the first to simg Always and Forever. Their keyboard player wrote all their music. He also worte Thriller for MJ. They also did Ain't No Half Stepping for you hip hop heads

Luther did it better

In reality.... There are a lot of good points for rih.

She's a better stage performer. She crossed over and was successful at more genres.

She is definitely more influential to her generation. Rih is a legit trendsetter. Chicks copy her style daily.

I think her fans have some fair arguments. And this is closer than the vote reflects....

That said.....

Luther

Back