Welcome To aBlackWeb

Lincoln University of Missouri VP of Student Affairs committed suicide because of bullying

It's sad that people feel they should resort to taking their own life to get away from the pain
Some pain is too much to take. I don't try to rationalize it. Thats a hard decision to make and follow through with. As long as they're not taking people with them on some evil shit all I can do is respect their decision to transition and send condolences to the family and anyone affected by the tragedy.

May I make a request?

Can we alter the title slight to denote that this is the LU in MISSOURI, and not Pennsylvania. Cause there are two Lincoln Universities, and both are HBCUs.

Rest In Power to this lady, tho I wish people really considered all options before choosing the most permanent of solutions for a temporary issue.

May I make a request?

Can we alter the title slight to denote that this is the LU in MISSOURI, and not Pennsylvania. Cause there are two Lincoln Universities, and both are HBCUs.

Rest In Power to this lady, tho I wish people really considered all options before choosing the most permanent of solutions for a temporary issue.

I understand both sides of it. With her having the mental diagnosis she had, it can really drive you to that low a point where you don't see another option.

It's terrible to be in position and you don't get along with your boss. Like you know they're trying to make the environment uncomfortable for you so you'll leave cause they can't just fire you, but you don't want to give in. I can see how that can take a toll on your mental, especially if you are already dealing with depression.

RIP to that woman...

I understand both sides of it. With her having the mental diagnosis she had, it can really drive you to that low a point where you don't see another option.

Yeah she was an alumni of Lincoln and was working for another college when offered this position
She is an AKA and so it seems like this job/career was her life

It just seems so wild to be around 'your' people and nobody look out.

Like she sent multiple emails about her situation not just to the president but to the university board

And alot of people talking about him being white, which definitely could be a factor

But the board has black people and the other staff are black.

It's terrible to be in position and you don't get along with your boss. Like you know they're trying to make the environment uncomfortable for you so you'll leave cause they can't just fire you, but you don't want to give in. I can see how that can take a toll on your mental, especially if you are already dealing with depression.

RIP to that woman...

Yeah and she felt like this was the only way to win.

She CC'd others on her final email who she probably knew would release them to the public

To know that your actions and words led someone to take away their life is heavy... even for the most wicked people.

Dr. Bailey talked how he damaged her soul.....she gonna haunt this man. Like her letter read off to me like I am coming for you in my next life type shit.

Yeah and she felt like this was the only way to win.

She CC'd others on her final email who she probably knew would release them to the public

To know that your actions and words led someone to take away their life is heavy... even for the most wicked people.

Dr. Bailey talked how he damaged her soul.....she gonna haunt this man. Like her letter read off to me like I am coming for you in my next life type shit.

I would hesitate to say that she felt like this was a way to win and instead would say it was a way to make it stop. There is no "winning" here, only making whatever it is cease permanently. Many feel as if they've tried every way possible to make a change for the better and nothing has worked. She likely felt like she had no more options, exhausted all avenues. This is what I've heard from people who tried to perish themselves and failed.

The most basic human instinct is survival. To keep yourself alive. Imagine how down and out of it you have to he to override the one thing all human beings brains are designed to do. Depression is such a hard thing to grasp. Especially on the level where it literally changes how your brain operates and the things it can make a person feel like they need to do to get it to stop

RIP to that woman...
She could have quit and sued

I would hesitate to say that she felt like this was a way to win and instead would say it was a way to make it stop. There is no "winning" here, only making whatever it is cease permanently. Many feel as if they've tried every way possible to make a change for the better and nothing has worked. She likely felt like she had no more options, exhausted all avenues. This is what I've heard from people who tried to perish themselves and failed.

Yeah but win in the sense she got to tell him how she feels and for others to know what maybe she was going through .Winning sometimes is just being heard and being believed. Truth is Winning and she planned this out.

And ultimately I don't think anybody who works with this man will ever go through what she went through again . That's Winning

I am not talking about win in the sense of living or dying. I don't view death as some horrible shit either Yes a painful death is not something anyone wants

People like to believe that suicide isn't the ultimate trump card but it actually is.

It's a way to make the people around you to feel guilty and ashamed for what they done to you.

It's a way to bring attention to injustice.

Which is why you see people self-immolate as protests which galvanizes people. People will set themselves on fire to prove a point. The worst way you can go.

Suicide isn't just an act of despair. It also can be an act of revenge. It's "fuck you, I am out, and now you have to deal with this. You should've listened to me while I was here."

Like I said before, living isn't all that lol. Some people don't care to cling on to life so desperately. All it takes is one bad day and they ready to eject themselves from this bitch and let the living clean up their mess.

Back