Welcome To aBlackWeb

COMMUNITY Let’s learn a word today

Rubato

it only matters to us
When I read I keep a list of new words that I learn, figured I would share the wealth. Not sure how often I’ll update this but feel free to add to it.

Today’s word is:

“Superannuated”

su·per·an·nu·at·ed | \ ˌsü-pər-ˈan-yə-ˌwā-təd \
Definition of superannuated

1: OUTMODED, OLD-FASHIONED
2a: incapacitated or disqualified for active duty by advanced age
b: older than the typical member of a specified group: “a superannuated graduate student”

Who wants to use superannuated in a sentence?

When I read I keep a list of new words that I learn, figured I would share the wealth. Not sure how often I’ll update this but feel free to add to it.

Today’s word is:

“Superannuated”

su·per·an·nu·at·ed | \ ˌsü-pər-ˈan-yə-ˌwā-təd \
Definition of superannuated

1: OUTMODED, OLD-FASHIONED
2a: incapacitated or disqualified for active duty by advanced age
b: older than the typical member of a specified group: “a superannuated graduate student”

Who wants to use superannuated in a sentence?

referring to @Old Man Cain as a superannuated poster seems to be a running joke here on ABW

referring to @Old Man Cain as a superannuated poster seems to be a running joke here on ABW
Look bro..... it's Saturday and I'm in good mood. I'm going to revisit this thread Sunday or Monday respond my normal way. Good day
It is now Sunday and like I said I revisited the thread to respond in my normal way........ brother @Inori please cartwheel into a chainsaw for the disrespect sir, good day

It is now Sunday and like I said I revisited the thread to respond in my normal way........ brother @Inori please cartwheel into a chainsaw for the disrespect sir, good day

lmao. I have no compunction about what was said. It wasnt meant as disrespect.. was merely an observation.

lol think im a bit too old my damn self to be doing cartwheels tho 😆

Either way enjoy the rest of your weekend bruh

tag me when ya'll get to sassy cause these niggas swear it means something else than what the dictionary says it means
The fact that you continue to hold on to this ironically reinforces the sentiment.

vi·cis·si·tude
/vəˈsisəˌt(y)o͞od/
Learn to pronounce

noun
plural noun: vicissitudes
  1. a change of circumstances or fortune, typically one that is unwelcome or unpleasant.
    "her husband's sharp vicissitudes of fortune"

First heard this from sexy ass Carmen Ejogo on True Detectives years ago and had to run to my dictionary lmao.

Here’s a word you already know, with a second definition that you may not

“Affected”

af·fect·ed | \ ə-ˈfek-təd , a- \
Definition of affected (entry 2 of 2)

1a: having or showing an attitude or mode of behavior that is not natural or genuinely felt : given to or marked by affectation
b: assumed artificially or falsely : PRETENDED
2: INCLINED, DISPOSED

Back