Welcome To aBlackWeb

Legal vs Decriminalized

Dwayne

Not Like Us
Do y’all think all drugs should be legal.

or

Do you think drugs should be illegal but the usage should be decriminalized

I’m more of the thought process of just decriminalizing the use of drugs the way Portugal has been doing for the last 20 years. I just don’t see the benefits of having crack, meth, heroine legal to buy anytime you want.

Start off by decriminalizing them all... then move to full on legalization where you must be a certain age in order to purchase.

Tax the drug sales and put that money into community programs along with addiction resources/facilities

How would you think the legalization of drugs would benefit society as a whole beyond taxation

Also do you have any concerns the negative ramifications of making all drugs legal

Since no country has made all drugs legal but a few decriminalized them. It’s hard to have a basis on how they would go, good or bad.

Start off by decriminalizing them all... then move to full on legalization where you must be a certain age in order to purchase.

Tax the drug sales and put that money into community programs along with addiction resources/facilities
RIP in advance

How would you think the legalization of drugs would benefit society as a whole beyond taxation

Also do you have any concerns the negative ramifications of making all drugs legal

I think overall the resources that will come from taxing it will be the main benefit.

Outside of that... one would think crime would likely decrease since the stigma and violent beefs over territory might subside. I say might.. who knows if that will be the case of not.

As far as concerns about making drugs legal.. I can only speak for myself. Drugs being illegal were never the reason that I wouldnt partake.. I just aint want to partake. I dont know if there would be an uptick of HARD drug users if it was ever legalized..... like it being illegal was the only reason people didnt fuck with it.

I'm not certain what the best answer is... but criminalizing addicts aint it..

I think overall the resources that will come from taxing it will be the main benefit.

Outside of that... one would think crime would likely decrease since the stigma and violent beefs over territory might subside. I say might.. who knows if that will be the case of not.

As far as concerns about making drugs legal.. I can only speak for myself. Drugs being illegal were never the reason that I wouldnt partake.. I just aint want to partake. I dont know if there would be an uptick of HARD drug users if it was ever legalized..... like it being illegal was the only reason people didnt fuck with it.

I'm not certain what the best answer is... but criminalizing addicts aint it..

Agreed. I don’t know anyone who is just dying to do heroin or snort an 8ball of coke and just have never done it because it illegal.

The next generation might.

That’s my take on it.

Folks gonna do what they want to do regardless when it comes to drugs legal or not. As long as you are an adult and you make that decision to ingest or partake in something of your own choice and arent hurting anyone in the process... do what you want. Criminalizing drug use benefits no-one but the prison system

Just like you eat whatever you want.. you drink whatever you want.. you fuck whoever you want. You marry whoever you want..As long as you arent harming others... none of that shit should be dictated by government IMO.

Folks gonna do what they want to do regardless when it comes to drugs legal or not. As long as you are an adult and you make that decision to ingest or partake in something of your own choice and arent hurting anyone in the process... do what you want. Criminalizing drug use benefits no-one but the prison system

Just like you eat whatever you want.. you drink whatever you want.. you fuck whoever you want. You marry whoever you want..As long as you arent harming others... none of that shit should be dictated by government IMO.

Gotcha.

Just to make it clear. I’m on the side of decriminalization.

Gotcha.

Just to make it clear. I’m on the side of decriminalization.

Why not full on legalization? Do you think there would be a substantial difference between the two?

It would still be available without legal/punitive issues.. except you wouldnt be able to collect taxes from it and redirect some of that money from the underground/underworld elsewhere

It can become a government problem if it becomes a community problem but I just wished ppl governed themselves better sigh

Why not full on legalization? Do you think there would be a substantial difference between the two?

It would still be available without legal/punitive issues.. except you wouldnt be able to collect taxes from it and redirect some of that money from the underground/underworld elsewhere

I vividly remember crack heads and folks on that H growing up in New Orleans and the shit it did to them and their families was some shit I never wanna see again.

But I understand your point.

It may not or may not work

if it something somebody push it should start with stuff like Coke and Weed on a nation scale.

This all gets really interesting when we shift the convo from legalizing possession of all drugs to legalizing and regulating the sales of all drugs.

Two totally separate conversations.

This all gets really interesting when we shift the convo from legalizing possession of all drugs to legalizing and regulating the sales of all drugs.

Is it really tho? Cuz if the possession is legal.. that means the sale of it is essentially legal... and there are regulations that should probably come with that.

So if the legalization of possessing drugs is fair game.. is it fair for a 17 year old to possess it? a 15 year old? Younger? Hence the need for regulation no? The two go hand in hand imo

I wonder if it'd create more cartel attacks if US legalized cocaine and people started growing it and added to the cartels competition

I wonder if it'd create more cartel attacks if US legalized cocaine and people started growing it and added to the cartels competition

That's an interesting take.. possibly.. but wouldn't it make more sense for the cartels to setup legitimate businesses rather than starting an all out war?

Ain’t legalizing possession and decriminalizing the use of it different?

Like @Blue_London pointed out to to me it’s decriminalized in Portugal (not legal like he said) I read the consequences of getting caught was better than going to prison for a few years and should be here in the state ASAP

• Fines, ranging from €25 to €150. These figures are based on the Portuguese minimum wage of about €485 (Banco de Portugal, 2001) and translate into hours of work lost.
  • Suspension of the right to practice if the user has a licensed profession (e.g. medical doctor, taxi driver) and may endanger another person or someone's possessions.
  • Ban on visiting certain places (e.g. specific clubbing venues).
  • Ban on associating with specific other persons.
  • Foreign travel ban.
  • Requirement to report periodically to the committee.
  • Withdrawal of the right to carry a gun.
  • Confiscation of personal possessions.
  • Cessation of subsidies or allowances that a person receives from a public agency.
If the person is addicted to drugs, they may be admitted to a drug rehabilitation facility or be given community service, if the dissuasion committee finds that this better serves the purpose of keeping the offender out of trouble. The committee cannot mandate compulsory treatment, although its orientation is to induce addicts to enter and remain in treatment. The committee has the explicit power to suspend sanctions conditional upon voluntary entry into treatment. If the offender is not addicted to drugs, or unwilling to submit to treatment or community service, he or she may be given a fine.

Back