Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION LeBron James' production company to remake 1990 hit 'House Party'

Kentucky

Gangster and Gentlemen
It's been a long time since high top fades and attitude lines were all the rage. James' version of "House Party" hopes to modernize the franchise, while keeping the same spirit.

"This is definitely not a reboot. It's an entirely new look for a classic movie," James told The Hollywood Reporter, which first reported about the project on Tuesday. "Everyone I grew up with loved 'House Party.' To partner with this creative team to bring a new 'House Party' a new generation is unbelievable."

The screenplay will be handled by "Atlanta" writers Stephen Glover and Jamal Olori, according to THR.

"Listen, it's fun, it's an honor when I got the opportunity to produce it, reboot the whole movie, man, I had so much fun as a kid watching that movie," James said ..."When I was growing up as a youngster I was like, 'Man, I hope I get an opportunity to throw one of these house parties, where it's just a lot of fun, a lot of joking around, dancin', people just having a good time.'"

It will be SpringHill Entertainment's first feature-length narrative film. Maverick Carter, James' longtime friend and business partner, told THR that the much talked about "Space Jam" remake that James has been attached to is still "a ways off."

LBJ stay making moves.

And let’s not act like the House Party series ended on a good movie

Lol, House Party is a classic.. but fuck Kid for hooking up with Jason Shitlock and doin this...

0906-michael-whitlock-colin-kaepernick-sketch-twitter01-1.jpg

Will forever be a bitch to me for that.

I'd give it a shot.

Niggas tripping over themselves for Black Panther, but quick to shun niggas trying some shit. I saw the same thing when it was announced that Martin was about to boot up again. The shits available on DVD or whatever, so fuck attachments, and grow up.

Talk shit if it bombs of being poor quality, not before.

The thing about this is House Party has been in rotation since 1990 and is on TV once a week at least how u gonna remake some shit I just watched last week

House party movies are mediocre movies to begin with but get praised for nostalgic purposes and that era.

So nah we dont need anymore.

WTF happened to originality?

Why everything gotta be a remake or a sequel?

They shoulda just left it at House Party and not made any sequels.

They shoulda just made one Friday movie.

They don't need to reboot Martin.

I swear, next these fools gon be rebooting the Fresh Prince Of Bel Air with the title role being played by Will Smith's gay son..

.. Just watch.

Back