Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION Leading cause for divorce.

Think family plays a part also by puttin pressure on folks to get married.

I constantly get the "So when are you and *s/o* gonna get married?" type questions.

My response tumblr_oevt0qBSUI1s9a9yjo1_500.gif "...when get the invite in the mail. It'll tell you the date and time."

Id like to be married and spend my life with somebody. Being alone would be boring. I want a committed for life type of thing. Not to mention the legal benefits. Can benefit alot from it.

Id like to be married and spend my life with somebody. Being alone would be boring. I want a committed for life type of thing. Not to mention the legal benefits. Can benefit alot from it.
I feel the same...
But possibilities and probabilities...
It's possible... Just not probable.
I'm in no rush to try again.

To answer the question in the o/p I think social media and finances are the leading causes of divorce which ironically is probably the leading cause in meeting new people and making new connections.

Social media and money.

Perspective I guess...

MONEY issues is the quickest way for a marriage to fail along with the obvious, infidelity.

Its easier to deal with stress when your money is right but the smallest things become stressful when your money is fucked up especially if its due to bad decision making by your partner.

i Agree with @Judge_Judah. A lot of people are all about themselves, this selfishness is a major marriage killer. if you know this person very well and you know the shit that irks them. Both parties should try their best not to do said things. Point blank. I don’t understand what’s so hard about it, but you have selfish people who choose to do them and only care about themselves. Nothing is perfect, but I feel like if you marry the RIGHT person, and you know this person like the back of your hand, this person is your friend, your confidant, the man/woman you love with all your heart. Y’all are business partners, y’all have an understanding about things. Then I do believe it can work. And it won’t be as hard if both are selfless and try their best to be considerate of each other. Without marriage it’s so much easier to jump in and out of all kinds of relationships. At least you know when you marry someone you will have to go through a process to be lawfully free from them-that step takes time, in which things might or can change. Ya never know. But regardless it’s all about choosing the right person. People just get married knowing damn well in their heart that person is not for them, then wanna shout out that marriage is a sham. Lol.

i Agree with @Judge_Judah. A lot of people are all about themselves, this selfishness is a major marriage killer. if you know this person very well and you know the shit that irks them. Both parties should try their best not to do said things. Point blank. I don’t understand what’s so hard about it, but you have selfish people who choose to do them and only care about themselves. Nothing is perfect, but I feel like if you marry the RIGHT person, and you know this person like the back of your hand, this person is your friend, your confidant, the man/woman you love with all your heart. Y’all are business partners, y’all have an understanding about things. Then I do believe it can work. And it won’t be as hard if both are selfless and try their best to be considerate of each other. Without marriage it’s so much easier to jump in and out of all kinds of relationships. At least you know when you marry someone you will have to go through a process to be lawfully free from them-that step takes time, in which things might or can change. Ya never know. But regardless it’s all about choosing the right person. People just get married knowing damn well in their heart that person is not for them, then wanna shout out that marriage is a sham. Lol.

this is easier said than done

b/c what if it happens, and its not with malicious intent...are you gonna always give them shit about it?

Leading cause? People not letting people be exactly who they are. I am who I am. You are who you are. People tend to forget that simple reality. The tendency to want the other see, do, feel, etc your way is the genesis of more problems than people realize. If you doubt this I suggest you talk to a few honest divorcees.

I agree with selfishness. A lot of wrongdoings in any marriage can trace back to that.

You can't be selfish in marriage and expect it to work. Yet you also have to still take care of yourself. Otherwise, you'll lose yourself and start to resent. Resentment is a muthafucka

my belief is the leading cause of divorce is lack of effort. folks get tired of trying . now some shit is hard to deal with but everything can be dealt with if u are dedicated and determined.

Back