Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ladies, Potentially powerful vs Proven and established

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
i often hear ladies request a guy that has this, that or the third...but not many want to help him acquire those things they request.

why are guys with potential looked over? Most guys i know will appreciate a lady more that was with him when he had nothing...hes more likely to stay loyal to her and give her the world once he gets it. but yes, some guys are assholes and will bounce, thats a given. but why over look the potential anyway if hes in the process of building himself? I for one knows it takes time. A long time.

and why do some ladies think they deserve the proven and established guy?
A chick in my family always thinks she deserves a certain type of guy....but when she finds that specific type of dude....they always dog her out because she doesnt bring nothing but drama and ass because hes already established and doesnt think he needs certain things in his life when he has so many options(those other ladies looking for the same thing). But I speak to alot of chicks in that think like this.

Please help them single fellas understand .

assumptions galore. I made a thread in the past asking whether the ladies here have chosen average or broke dudes over wealthy/established ones. the results were interesting and highly at odds with the premise you're going off of in this opening post

assumptions galore. I made a thread in the past asking whether the ladies here have chosen average or broke dudes over wealthy/established ones. the results were interesting and highly at odds with the premise you're going off of in this opening post
these are not assumptions.
i speak with ladies who say these things.

im going to look for your post.

these are not assumptions.
i speak with ladies who say these things.

im going to look for your post.
you assumed that extended to women in general terms. nowhere did you say "some of the women I have spoken to say xxx, is this true?". your post operated on that assumption.

you can have an assumption be founded in anecdotes, you know. still makes it an assumption when you apply it to folks that has nothing to do with.

These sound like broad generalizations, tbh.

But I'll speak for myself and not all women.

I'm 32 years old fam. I've given my share of time to men 'with potential'. He can have all of the potential in the world but if he can't make anything come to fruition, how long am I supposed to support him?

Don't ask a woman to go into the trenches with you before you ask her if she's been there before. Cause more than likely she has and doesn't want to go back.

Also black women are the most supportive when it comes to empathizing with the black man's struggle because half the time we're in the same boat. The mere thought that we aren't is counterproductive to progress because it's pitting us against each other when we should be on the same team.

I thought Insecure showed these women what happens when u sleep on a nigga with potential.

I thought Insecure showed these women what happens when u sleep on a nigga with potential.

I don't watch Television much.

So SHADDUP GOLDIE LOC's!

I actually saw maybe like 3 episodes of that show. I just wanted to tell Goldie to shut up. lol

giphy.gif

Back