Welcome To aBlackWeb

Video Knoc-Turn’al On Dr. Dre Having 250 Artists Signed To Aftermath/Writing 4 Songs on Chronic 2001

That's the oldest trick in the book.

You sign everybody to your label, then contractually, they can't release anything.

Then you release your flagship artist while the other 249 artists sit around twiddling their thumbs.

That's what 50 Cent did with G-Unit (Spider Loc, Olivia)

I'm pretty sure Puffy had some artists signed to his label that never came out.

I mean basically if I give you a check for $10k and you sign the contract, the flagship artist has less competition.

I bet Dr Dre signed every up and coming artist in L.A. to Aftermath to a $10k contract and none of them ever came out.

Knock was dope... At a time when when LA hip hop was booming, he kinda had that smooth vibe that was popular at the time and also a different persona and flow than most which made him stand out... All of that could had made him a bigger commercial star than he eventually was... He had couple big tunes then just seemed to go away...

I didnt realise he wrote for Dre too, dude clearly had skills...

'We just smoking, dranking, straight Westcoasting'...

If dude wasn't a alcoholic he probably would've been a big deal

nigga looked like he was on drugs early. neva seen black crack so fast. dude look like 50 in his 20s. lol!

that song with dr.dre for the wash sountrack was one of the greatest produced track ever. and his other single.

he was a dope single aritst.

super ugly was so

Back