Welcome To aBlackWeb

'Kimmy Schmidt' Actress Exposed for Involvement in Ball w/ Alleged KKK Ties

keemz

#gaza4eva #freeKartel #FreeSiva
Ellie Kemper, the actress best known for her roles in "The Office" and "Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt," is facing criticism after a photo resurfaced of her participating in a pageant ball believed to have ties to the Ku Klux Klan.

video_image-485852.jpg

video_image-485853.jpg

The 1999 photo shows the 41-year-old actress being named the queen of the Veiled Prophet Ball in in St. Louis. In 1878, the ball was created when grain executive and former Confederate cavalryman Charles Slayback called a meeting of local elites. The planned secret society formed into as a fair honoring the ritual of Mardi Gras and has been tied to allegations of White supremacy.

At the ball, a "Veiled Prophet" is reportedly chosen by a secret board of local elites. Afterward, the prophet chooses a "Queen of Love and Beauty" to present a gift to and dance with. Historically, the Veiled Prophet has been said to dress in a white klan-like hood and robe along with a pistol and rifle.

One of the resurfaced photos shows Kemper participating in the "Royal Quadrille," which she was named the queen of at 19-years-old. Critics and commentators spoke out against the actress for her involvement in the ball.

"I don't know much about Ellie Kemper, but growing up in St. Louis in the 1970s and 1980, I remember The Veiled Prophet Fair very well," CNN commentator Keith Boykin wrote on Twitter. "I was always told it was only for white people. The racial segregation was so normalized that people were just expected to know their place."

However, others noted that there is little evidence that the ball was tied to the KKK or White supremacy and added that African Americans were allowed to participate by 1979.

"A lot of y'all never learned reading comprehension and it shows: Veiled Prophet Ball 'eventually diversified, allowing African-Americans to join in 1979' — ie 20 YEARS BEFORE Ellie Kemper was crowned, wrote journalist Javier E. David. "They also changed the name #everythingisstupid."

Ellie Kemper has not commented on the matter. Look above to view the resurfaced images.

"I don't know much about Ellie Kemper, but growing up in St. Louis in the 1970s and 1980, I remember The Veiled Prophet Fair very well," CNN commentator Keith Boykin wrote on Twitter. "I was always told it was only for white people. The racial segregation was so normalized that people were just expected to know their place."

However, others noted that there is little evidence that the ball was tied to the KKK or White supremacy and added that African Americans were allowed to participate by 1979.

"A lot of y'all never learned reading comprehension and it shows: Veiled Prophet Ball 'eventually diversified, allowing African-Americans to join in 1979' — ie 20 YEARS BEFORE Ellie Kemper was crowned, wrote journalist Javier E. David. "They also changed the name #everythingisstupid."

Back