Welcome To aBlackWeb

Kanye West: Top 10 Doa?

Goldie

Kobe With The Pivot
Site Owner
When I normally debate top 10s it's about the artists overall. So it's not just about lyrical ability, but also albums, creativity, etc.

So with that being said, where do you place Kanye on your top 10-50 etc list?

As a semi-hiphop purist, saying kanye is top 10 is tough for me. If niggas are writing some of your shit, it's hard for me to give you credit, but at the same time, I know all of the other things Kanye does, so it's hard to not say he isn't top 10. He arguably has one of the top 5 catalogs of alltime.

I'm at the point that I believe that nobody writes all of their shit so that's not a big strike for me.

"i dont need writer's
i might bounce ideas,
but only i could come up with some shit like this"

idk about that one lol

I'm sure everybody has other people make/help make their hooks and bridges, but their verses? nah, I still think most of the legends wrote all their shit

Graduation was the decline of Kanye... if Kanye ever become soulful again he can enter my CD player. He can possibly be top 25..

Kanye in my top 5.

Outside of TLOP, I think he wrote his shit. At worst he had ppl help structure his rhymes but he said that the CD days. He was never a super lyrical guy but he had a message and what we wanted to say. Rhyme, Cam, Con, ReallyDoe, and Com helped him to get it the structure of his rhymes down.

Artist wise, the shit he wants to get out is brazy. He got a crazy vision for himself and his artist. His catalogue is amazing. No album is less than a 3/5 imo.

Soulful, Egotistical, Staduim status, mentor, trendsetter, boundary pusher, wave rider.....he a trailer blazer

Artist wise, the nigga a beast

2ik6peb.jpg

Back