Welcome To aBlackWeb

Juneteenth; Our Holiday or Nah?

iamtheville

Question. So a black guy was in this Facebook group that I'm in and he had a live going. He said blacks shouldn't celebrate juneteenth because it makes us blacks look weak for celebrating a day that the white man set us free. How yall feel about this

Question. So a black guy was in this Facebook group that I'm in and he had a live going. He said blacks shouldn't celebrate juneteenth because it makes us blacks look weak for celebrating a day that the white man set us free. How yall feel about this

It is weird considering they haven't stopped hunting and killing us since that day but I'm not taking the internet on. Have it.

I don’t celebrate it. It’s literally because Texas was behind and isolated is the sole reason this is a thing. I get the significance tho and it does stamp it as everybody was finally free.

Makes us look weak...to who?

In who's eyes?

The answer: White people.

And therein lies the problem. At a certain point, niggas are gonna have to use something else as a litmus test of respectful behavior besides the opinions of white people. Juneteenth commemorates the end of slavery. You think our ancestors give a FUCK about how that end came about? This shit is dumb.

It's been a legal holiday in Texas for about 30 years.

Besides, if they can celebrate the "Independence" from England, why can't we celebrate our Independence from bondage?

Fuck them Cacs.

Last edited:
Thumbs up to whoever started the tread for me and here's the dude I'm talking about

“Real N*ggas Don’t Run" Dude Walks Calmly In The Midst Of A Crazy Shootout!

Back