Welcome To aBlackWeb

FEATURED Jay-Z's Roc Nation Creates Educational Campaign For Low Income Children In Philly

test
Yeah when I saw this was for private schools I immediately thought why not set this up for public schools instead

Because public schools don't charge tuition and do not require scholarships.

Pennsylvania Award for Student Success (PASS) program ... would offer an Education Opportunity Account (EOA) to any student assigned to a school ranked in the bottom 15 percent of performance

Last edited:
Because public schools don't charge tuition and do not require scholarships.

Of course public schools don't charge tuition. Hence the name "public school". But if they can find 300ms to help pull kids out of public schools and put them into private and charters why not just put that same 300 into improving the infrastructure of a system that needs it more?

Of course public schools don't charge tuition. Hence the name "public school". But if they can find 300ms to help pull kids out of public schools and put them into private and charters why not just put that same 300 into improving the infrastructure of a system that needs it more?

$300 million is only 6 percent of the current budget. The schools are already failing these kids and they project it will take half a decade to rectify the problems as they are largely systemic. Meanwhile these kids are still having to progress through the a poorly functioning system. I, too, would prefer a great public school system but it's already failing them, they need options now. Not in 2030.

And school vouchers aren't just some republican scheme in PA as the Governor, a true blue democrat, supports PASS as well. It surely cannot be a permanent solution but the students in the worst performing schools don't have forever to get put on the right track academically.

$300 million is only 6 percent of the current budget. The schools are already failing these kids and they project it will take half a decade to rectify the problems as they are largely systemic. Meanwhile these kids are still having to progress through the a poorly functioning system. I, too, would prefer a great public school system but it's already failing them, they need options now. Not in 2030.

And school vouchers aren't just some republican scheme in PA, the Governor, a true blue democrat, supports PASS as well. It surely cannot be a permanent solution but the students in the worst performing schools don't have forever to get put on the right track academically.

So instead of investing into the kids now and for the kids in the future, just further abandon the system to it can get worse? Of course it's gonna take time for things to change...and it will continue to take longer the more people think that the solution to a failing public school system is to keep more money out of it

So instead of investing into the kids now and for the kids in the future, just further abandon the system to it can get worse? Of course it's gonna take time for things to change...and it will continue to take longer the more people think that the solution to a failing public school system is to keep more money out of it

That is not at all what I said, they have already moved to increase public school spending by $1.1 billion in PA with $240 million going to Philadelphia. PASS is a PA state program. Funding, however, has not done much for PA students in general. PA ranks 7th or 8th in per pupil spending yet ranks rather low in quality of education.

Last edited:
Lol public schools need the funding tho my nigga. Kids need supplies, clothes, books, meals.

We're not gonna act like $300 million is useless. Tf outta here. All that money now just goes back to the people and institutions fucking us over.

He said why won't they set up a scholarship fund for public schools, I said because public schools don't charge tuition. Who said the money was useless?

He said why won't they set up a scholarship fund for public schools, I said because public schools don't charge tuition. Who said the money was useless?
You said it was only 6% of the budget like it was.

That's not what I asked at all. I never mentioned setting up a scholarship for public schools lol. I asked why this wasn't set up to go to public schools as in the money being distrubted to them not scholarships

It's not enough to make an immediate impact on the system problems of the current Philly public education system is what I was saying.
Ok. Did you think someone was going to come along and clear it? It didn't need to be pointed out.

Back