Welcome To aBlackWeb

Jay Z Career First Week Sales

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
I got this from my Facebook feed, I didn't check to see if it's right so forgive me if it's not legit.

The reason I'm posting this is because according to this list, Jay Z never sold 1X Platinum in his first week like 50 Cent or Eminem but he's still ranked higher than them by most people.

My point is that first week sales is just a popularity contest, but it doesn't have anything to do with quality or longevity

Jay Z career first week sales
💿
🎵
🎶
🔥

Reasonable Doubt - 43,000 (Platinum)
In My Lifetime, Vol. 1 - 138,000 (Platinum)
Vol. 2... Hard Knock Life - 350,000 (6x Platinum)
Vol. 3... Life and Times of S. Carter - 462,000 (3x Platinum)
The Dynasty: Roc-La-Familia - 557,789 (2x Platinum)
The Blueprint- 427,000 (3x Platinum)
The Blueprint 2: The Gift & the Curse - 545,000 (3x Platinum)
The Black Album - 463,000 (4x Platinum)
Kingdom Come - 680,000 (2x Platinum)
American Gangster - 425,000 (Platinum)
The Blueprint 3 - 476,000 (2x Platinum)
Magna Carta Holy Grail - 528,000 (3x Platinum)
4:44 - 262,000 (2x Platinum)
The Best of Both Worlds with R. Kelly - 223,000 (Platinum)
Unfinished Business with R. Kelly - 215,000 (Platinum)
Watch the Throne with Kanye West - 436,000 (5x Platinum)
Everything Is Love with Beyoncé (as the Carters) - 123,000 (Gold)

The trend I noticed… some of Jay’s worst albums have the best first week sales.

Kingdom Come (i still can't believe this nigga read a Alex Ross comic book and decided to name his album after it lmao), Roc-La-Familia, and Blueprint 2 are the top 3? That's so weird

Man you live in the stone age, the first week no longer applies. It's about how popular you are in the media, how much you stream. You see Youngboy he sells 20-30k first week but all his shit goes platinum by the end of the year

Lil Durk had 1 platinum single with J Cole and One with 21 savage going gold before dropping his album this year, , still it only did 100k first week? But it will be platinum by the end of the year anyway because of the streamings

Kingdom Come (i still can't believe this nigga read a Alex Ross comic book and decided to name his album after it lmao), Roc-La-Familia, and Blueprint 2 are the top 3? That's so weird
Kinda makes sense

Kingdom come is the post “retirement” album

Blueprint 2 came after blueprint 1

I guess Roc La familia’s hype was that it was a compilation of everybody on the Roc unless I’m forgetting another aspect of it

Back