Welcome To aBlackWeb

Netflix Jamie Foxx Comedy Special (2024)

He dont even tour or do sets but he got a special coming out?

Most these guys work their sets hundreds of times before turning in a special

He dont even tour or do sets but he got a special coming out?

Most these guys work their sets hundreds of times before turning in a special
I was listening to rogans podcast with Adam Sandler and they were talking about how Adam prepped for the special because he was way too famous for clubs for it to be unnoticed and Sandler said he would pop in and do sets opening for his friends and contact promoters in towns he was in and do a guest spot.

So with the fame, they still do sets and test out material. I remember Chappelle used to do it when he was making his comeback. Articles would pop up that he did a surprise guest spot at whatever club. Also how Eddie Murphy was prepping for his Netflix special that was supposed to come out back in 2020 before covid shut everything down. Louis CK is another one that would make surprise appearances.

I was listening to rogans podcast with Adam Sandler and they were talking about how Adam prepped for the special because he was way too famous for clubs for it to be unnoticed and Sandler said he would pop in and do sets opening for his friends and contact promoters in towns he was in and do a guest spot.

So with the fame, they still do sets and test out material. I remember Chappelle used to do it when he was making his comeback. Articles would pop up that he did a surprise guest spot at whatever club. Also how Eddie Murphy was prepping for his Netflix special that was supposed to come out back in 2020 before covid shut everything down. Louis CK is another one that would make surprise appearances.
Adam was def on a nationwide tour for at least a year before recording his set for Netflix. Plus half his stuff is songs so idk if he even counts as traditional standup.

Chappelle & Louis CK are both no stranger to clubs and usually have dates/tix for sale.

Jamie hasnt been touring at all recently but got a special otw this year??? Thats wild to me. He got no dates posted and there is only 3mos left in the year.

He gettin that Netflix bag tho

Back