Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is This True About Guest Features?

Only thing I disagree with is skipping everybody verse just to hear the rapper you like on the song

He’s also wrong about like that

So if Bun is saying that then does it defeat the purpose of the feature?

I think hes referring to random bedroom rappers paying $1000 for a well known rapper to hop on a verse, thinking it will get them tons of fans or airplay...

Not well established rappers with an already decent fanbase...

Also hes wrong about no one caring about The Outlawz on 'Hit Em Up' they snapped on that...

I think hes referring to random bedroom rappers paying $1000 for a well known rapper to hop on a verse, thinking it will get them tons of fans or airplay...

Also hes wrong about no one caring about The Outlawz on 'Hit Em Up' they snapped on that...
The idea is to get more ears to their music. Hoping maybe one person who listened to the song for the guest feature would check out their other songs.

You're the first I've ever heard say the outlawz were anything other than ass on that track.

The idea is to get more ears to their music. Hoping maybe one person who listened to the song for the guest feature would check out their other songs.

Yeah man, thats why I said above if the artist is actually dope its worth it... Ive found some good tunes purely because Crook or Masta Ace has featured on their tunes...

I interpreted as Bun was referring to wack bedroom type rappers with poor beats/production spending $1000 on a feature thinking it will legitimise them, when basically those dudes would be better off spending the money on a more professional set up and improving their own style...

He's right I think

Also... I like a guest feature that's random or obscure... Not a feature that's just because artiste is popular or charting at the time which then looks opportunistic

An example would be Kendrick featuring Ghostface Killah on Purple Hearts ... I didn't see his name on the song credits until I heard him on ... Dope

Back