Welcome To aBlackWeb

Poll Is This Song Hip Hop??

Is This Song Hip Hop

• Yes - Its Hip Hop

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • No - Its Rap Music But Its Not Hip Hop

Votes: 3 60.0%

• Total voters
It’s neither hip hop or rap music. It’s a pop record.

Well it's rap music by virtue of the fact that he's rapping, not singing.

But just because he's rapping doesn't mean it's Hip Hop.

You can put a cat in the oven but that doesn't make it a biscuit.

Well it's rap music by virtue of the fact that he's rapping, not singing.

But just because he's rapping doesn't mean it's Hip Hop.

You can put a cat in the oven but that doesn't make it a biscuit.
There are plenty of songs where people rap but it don’t make it rap/hip hop music.

There are plenty of songs where people rap but it don’t make it rap/hip hop music.

Well if there's a rapper than it's "Rap Music", especially if it's rapping throughout the whole song.

There are a lot of R&B songs where the first two verses are singing and then a rapper comes in between the second and third verse and spits 16 bars. Those songs might not be considered Hip Hop.

Here's an example:

We Belong Together - Mariah Carey feat Jadakiss and Styles P

^^^ In the above song, Jadakiss and Styles P rap in the intro and rap again in between the second and third verse. That could be considered Rap music, or Hip Hop and R&B. I guess its all subjective. Maybe I should do a poll for that Mariah Carey song too.

Well if there's a rapper than it's "Rap Music", especially if it's rapping throughout the whole song.

There are a lot of R&B songs where the first two verses are singing and then a rapper comes in between the second and third verse and spits 16 bars. Those songs might not be considered Hip Hop.

Here's an example:

^^^ In the above song, Jadakiss and Styles P rap in the intro and rap again in between the second and third verse. That could be considered Rap music, or Hip Hop and R&B. I guess its all subjective. Maybe I should do a poll for that Mariah Carey song too.

By your logic this is a rap song

Here's an example:

Real shit, why are you so stupid?

By your logic this is a rap song

I agree, that is a rap song.

Hopefully by this point everybody understands the distinction between Rap Music and Hip Hop. If there's a person rapping throughout the whole song then it's Rap music, but that doesn't make it Hip Hop.

Rap Music =/= Hip Hop

No I'm serious.

I feel like that song isn't Hip Hop. I've always felt that way ever since it came out.

I want to know if people agree with me or if I'm bugging.

I agree, that is a rap song.

Hopefully by this point everybody understands the distinction between Rap Music and Hip Hop. If there's a person rapping throughout the whole song then it's Rap music, but that doesn't make it Hip Hop.

Rap Music =/= Hip Hop

I’m convince that 5 Grand is....
5741A76B-D3D6-459D-B267-32CBEEE2B077.gif

Back