Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there ever a right time to give bad news?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Friend was about to go on a much needed trip....got to the airport and her cousin called and said her favorite grandparent died. The funeral would have at least five days out...

Could the call have waited until after a three day trip? The same trip that grandparent said she should go on because she needed a break.

Another.
About to take the biggest test of the year at college across the country. The person gets a call mother isn't doing well. They running test but don't have answers....could the call have waited?

How do you process when to deliver bad news if you know both times for each person is important. How do you make the decision to tell now or wait?

Depends on the situation...

You don't want the family member thats away or busy finding out about serious shit on social media tho.

Theres always one cousin/sibling/family member that goes straight to social media soon as they find out some serious or bad news so you gotta take that into consideration.

Family shouldn't find out about a loved one passing from a Facebook/Twitter/Insta post

idk but I've always wondered that

i've been standing next to people when they get that phone call, and just thought "damn you couldnt wait til they got home?"

now this person is in public or driving and having a fucking meltdown

but you never know how that person would have felt to be notified late.......shit could blow up like damn grandma been dead all day and Im just out and about cheesin and shit, clueless....

i think thats the part that encourages people to let the close ones know asap

me personally, I hope they wait til im home or call me and tell me I need to get home

How you confuse me in my own thread?

If they find out you withheld the info intentionally

Let’s say the person who tells them is the same hoe nigga that tells em you knew too

I bet they’d appreciate you more than the runteldat ass nigga

Guess it depends on the situation. With a death in the family it might help to ask what the other person is doing or where they are before dropping that on em. When my momma died my whole family was at the hospital by the time I got there. They already knew she was gone before I got to the entrance to the ER but nobody called me while I was driving.

Guess it depends on the situation. With a death in the family it might help to ask what the other person is doing or where they are before dropping that on em. When my momma died my whole family was at the hospital by the time I got there. They already knew she was gone before I got to the entrance to the ER but nobody called me while I was driving.

not tryna get too personal wicha.. and condolences fam.. but did you feel like you should've been told while you were on the way?

Shit same here......I was told to go home.
I dropped off my girl sister and went home....I saw my dad's ex walking up the street and I knew....got down the street everybody staring at me...I get out the car asking where daddy...no one said nothing...I went the house full of family....again where daddy...the I saw my broken.......shit broken me....I got up ready to fight cause no one called me at work....they said they needed me driving safety.
It was a fairpoint
Got in the car to drive to my girls house....she opened the door and hugged me crying....like she knew too? Now I was pissed....AND my brother told my side chick but she did want to stop by to tell me she knew.

I dated a chick whose dad committed suicide. The whole family had decided to not call her until she got off work cause they knew she wouldn’t be able to really talk until then. But her drugged out sister decided to text her “daddy kill his self” when she had about 3 hrs left at work. She resents her sister to this day for it, and when she got the text she threw her phone across the room and broke it cause she was so pissed. Not pissed about what happened, but pissed about the way the news was given to her.

I personally would be livid if someone let me go on a trip while my grandpa was fucking dead and I'm just out there being all merry and shit.

Same with the mom, like wtf? Tests can be taken anytime. Dont fuckin tell me go home and then we can talk, bitch NOW I KNOW you got something messed up to tell me and my mind is reeling, might as well tell me then and there.

Ima tell immediately because I wanna know immediately. One time, I found out some terrible news the day after it happened. I asked when it all happened they told me and I was literally near the intersection where it all went down at the time it all happened. I felt so sick. I was so mad for so long. My mama found out a day later as well. It was her own child involved.
Don’t wait!

Back