Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is there a superhero movie fatigue?

They just need to chill out on them for a few years, we don't need multiple comic book movies every year

We sure as hell don't need to see the C and D list hero's having movies
This, this, this. Both GoTG3 and The Marvels seem like a waste of time.

I say dead the connected universe and go the elseworld route. The connected universe limits the storytelling and stakes.

Release only one movie 12-18 months apart. Only release Infinity War/Civil War level team up movies with your A/B listers. Who the fucks wanna see Shang Chi on the Avengers?

World War Hulk could be split into 2-3 movies. Let that be the main story for 2-4 years. Use Disney plus shows to fill the blanks, not movies. Take a 2 year break. Do another major story.

House of M, 2-3 movies
Secret Wars, 2-3 movies

Etc.

Scorsese said it, Tarantino said it, Anthony Mackie said it, etc.

There are a multitude of reasons. Quality, same formula, killing off legacy characters, not wholeness but straight up mr fantastic reaching for diversity sometimes, and bad dialogue are some of the many.

Also folks saying “it’s Shazam and antman! Hyuck! Hyuck!” Are forgetting that the Avengers weren’t some big juggernaut in comics before the MCU popped off. That book got rebooted like 4 times in the 90s and 2000s before the moving in 2012.

“Why isn’t Shazam and AntMan crushing the box office???!!!”

View attachment 1050748

Because it’s AntMan and Shazam. Casual viewers don’t know who these people are like that.

I’d never heard of Shazam before the first movie and still ain’t even watched that. Previous Ant Man had that IW buzz around it which helped.

Exactly.

Where was this worry and think pieces after BP 2 or The Batman or No Way Home.

What's been a problem for me with the Marvel movies is they haven't figured out a great medium for humor

A lot of the movies will have too much forced humor that hurts the movie IMO. They have movies that are great and figured it out and then some just way too forced

DC wasn't able to figure it out either but they had more problems. I wasn't real excited about Gunn initially but looking forward to what he does to DC

Back