Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is The Fresh Prince of Bel Air Theme the most recognizable rap song of all time?

Never thought about it, but even my "rap is garbage" family and friends no this song word for word and can identify it within two or three notes. The only other rap song that comes close is U Can't Touch This and Ice Ice Baby.

Is FPOB big outside the US? Because songs like the two you mentioned, along with Baby Got Back and some others, are recognized around the globe.

Yall aren't thinking

None of those songs mentioned played for 7 years weekly to millions of people

The answer is yes

Never thought about it, but even my "rap is garbage" family and friends no this song word for word and can identify it within two or three notes. The only other rap song that comes close is U Can't Touch This and Ice Ice Baby.
Agree. Every other song got a major hook that's recognizable or maybe the first verse or first few lines, people know the whole fresh prince theme song I'm talking from g mas to jits; word for word bar for bar.

I think will gotta W on this one.

Is FPOB big outside the US? Because songs like the two you mentioned, along with Baby Got Back and some others, are recognized around the globe.
I had a Japanese roommate from Kyoto or Yokohama, I forget which, and he said it was popular there, but that's my only frame of reference. Considering Will's star power at one point, I wouldn't be shocked.

C1EZCFkGc0S.png

@Goldie

:cont:

Going off this logic of a TV show theme song bein’ “tha most recognizable hip hop” song should mean Pusha T’s McDonald’s jingle would be…

That orrrr Shook Ones

:hahaha:

Back