Welcome To aBlackWeb

Is R Kelly Officially Cancelled?

5 Grand

Old School Godfather
I was listening to the Fiesta Remix earlier today.

That song defined an era. It was when Jay Z was the number one rapper and R Kelly was the number one R&B singer. That song banged in the whip, on the radio, in clubs and they played the video in heavy rotation.

It could be argued that that was one of the best songs to come out that year.

But could you play that song at a cookout or a nightclub in 2022, or is R Kelly officially cancelled?

If you were bumping that song at a stoplight, would people nod their heads, or would they look at you like a weirdo that supports pedophiles?

Michael Jackson had a similar case, but he was found innocent. R Kelly was found guilty. Does it matter? Is good music good music, or does good music become bad music when the artist goes to prison for pedophilia?

🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️🤷🏿‍♂️ I don't have thoughts of the fuck shit he was on when he made them songs so for me no. I can bump any song I like😎

In the industry he’s cancelled

in the culture he’s eternal…

Regardless of what people personally feel

I have a gym at my work and you can put your mobile into the steroes the big speakers, so at Friday I had Did you ever think with Nas and Gotham City playing over and over. Those are my joints.-

How u gonna cancel R Kelly his work is everywhere

Well the radio stations, video stations, Apple Music, and nightclub DJs could stop playing him.

In fact, Ja Rule kinda got cancelled after his beef with 50 and he didn't even molest any kids. But when's the last time you heard Mesmerize or any of those songs he did with Ashanti?

Well the radio stations, video stations, Apple Music, and nightclub DJs could stop playing him.

In fact, Ja Rule kinda got cancelled after his beef with 50 and he didn't even molest any kids. But when's the last time you heard Mesmerize or any of those songs he did with Ashanti?
What about the shit he wrote for other artists he gets all the pubs for

I don't care if anyone listens to Kelz still.

I can't front he's a super legend but I just can't listen to him it's to tainted. The other day I heard my neighbor playing your body's calling and that shit was stuck in my head all day.

You can get away with playing quite a few tracks, as we all know the guy is/was a musical genius

Certain songs of R. Kelly are bigger than him....the man
And some are just TOO MUCH of him....the Pied Piper

(if this makes sense)

I was never the biggest r kelly fan but now that that pedo is under the jail there's no reason to talk about cancellation. Justice got served. If I hear an r kelly song I'm not gonna get triggered and spaz out and depending on the song i might even nod my head a little.

cancellation is for active scumbags that aren't getting served justice so the people need to take it upon themselves. AKA a boycott which is all cancellation is and also happens to be one of the strongest tools people have collectively when all the power structures fail them.

For instance... maybe I'll watch another roman polanski movie one day when that motherfucker is dead or in jail but until then I can't support that economy because it's a known fact that he drugged and ass raped a 13 year old girl and not only fled the country but was able to continue making movies and win a fucking academy award after all that.

Some people need to be cancelled and if it's too hard to not put money in the pockets of people who are, support or abet pedos that's on you.

Also rot in piss to jerry lee lewis while we're here.

Back