Is all publicity good publicity?

• It doesn't matter if they talk shit as long as they're talking about you

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • Nah

Votes: 5 83.3%

• Total voters

LUCIEN

I hate getting punched in the head
There's a lot of talk about this idea whenever there is a school shooting.

"Stop mentioning the shooters name it brings them fame"

"Don't show their picture it makes them infamous"

I have even heard it brought up when it comes to artists we dislike.

"If you post about how much you hate them you're just adding to their hype"

I'm not sure if I believe this is true all the time though. V-Nasty caught nothing but hate and eventually her career died. What do you think about this?

There's a lot of talk about this idea whenever there is a school shooting.

"Stop mentioning the shooters name it brings them fame"

"Don't show their picture it makes them infamous"

I have even heard it brought up when it comes to artists we dislike.

"If you post about how much you hate them you're just adding to their hype"

I'm not sure if I believe this is true all the time though. V-Nasty caught nothing but hate and eventually her career died. What do you think about this?

not all publicity is good publicity.. and i dont agree with not speaking the "shooters" name we should know who it is and how vile they are.. i mean no one says dont mention.... charles manson/hitler they have a cult following so to speak certain people are reveled and adored.. even the most vile disgusting of folk that speaks to some peoples twisted minds..

ill say people pay consistent attention to the most inane bullshit i think thats a bigger detriment than talking about things that have a macro effect on the public at large

the thing is....is who is giving the attention.

the rules have changed.

it was a time when a dumb ass was just a dumb ass and no one supported him..

now you can be a dumbass and become a millionaire. just off the fact people want to be apart of something or encourage something for their own entertainment.

smdh

rules done changed.

imma old horse now.

that saying was meant in terms of business.....not on fame or rap careers

when a big company (heineken, dove, etc) fucks up and puts out a racist add or something, trust and believe that name trending on the front page of every website and fb page relays to sales....people that werent offended and might usually buy another brand will see it in the store that day like damn lemme try these, been seeing them all day.....its as easy as that and we as consumers dont even notice

I cant really say on the famed killer part of it.....we as people love that shit when it aint affecting us.....gangsters and murderers will always be discussed and pondered on....they do the things that people think about but wont do out of fear or some moral.....i dont see why authors wouldnt write about them....I could see if people didnt watch/read/buy that shit....but we do

Take the case of Black China, by being so in the spotlight with her life. And what she has been put in the spotlight for lies in the realm of ratchet.

She has there by allowed ratchet women to comment on her and feel like they know her based off of that. So when she's out and about, ratchet do what ratchet does, and she gets violated by ratchets.

On the flipside, it also raises her awareness among more people and allows her to further engross herself in her ratchet profile, which brings her more money.

So all press is good press, but there's a price to pay.

yeah she fumbled that shit on her own......she had everybody watching and didnt sell a perfume, nail polish, flip-flop, t shirt, nothing

everybody knows who this woman is now, hate her or love her

a reformed ho autobiography/womens empowerment book would sell tf out right now

Never heard of Tekashi 69 until maybe a month ago.

Every rapper was mad at him and were saying they was gonna beat his ass when they see him, that he messed with an under aged girl, and that he aint welcome in their city, blah, blah, blah...

Why in the fuck would you put somebody like that in the spotlight?

Why y'all mad at this dude?

He's a clown who won't be around 6 months from now, but y'all giving him all this free press because y'all mad?

How many hits does he have on the charts? How many records has he sold?

He's famous because he looks like a gay circus freak snd he claims to be a blood and everybody's mad.

No hits, no platinum plaques, no sold out arenas.

I guess he won.

SMH

I would say all publicity carries the POTENTIAL to be good publicity....but you gotta play it right to flip bad publicity in your favor

that saying was meant in terms of business.....not on fame or rap careers

when a big company (heineken, dove, etc) fucks up and puts out a racist add or something, trust and believe that name trending on the front page of every website and fb page relays to sales....people that werent offended and might usually buy another brand will see it in the store that day like damn lemme try these, been seeing them all day.....its as easy as that and we as consumers dont even notice

I cant really say on the famed killer part of it.....we as people love that shit when it aint affecting us.....gangsters and murderers will always be discussed and pondered on....they do the things that people think about but wont do out of fear or some moral.....i dont see why authors wouldnt write about them....I could see if people didnt watch/read/buy that shit....but we do

The thing is, in our age everything is a brand. If the bad publicity is about a person, a business, or a song/product/service, it's still about a kind of brand. It affects reputation in some way.

So is a bad reputation better than a good reputation? I think a lot of times it is because people explore the things that they are told are bad. At the same time though, businesses have died because of bad yelp reviews.

It's a hard thing to call

Never heard of Tekashi 69 until maybe a month ago.

Every rapper was mad at him and were saying they was gonna beat his ass when they see him, that he messed with an under aged girl, and that he aint welcome in their city, blah, blah, blah...

Why in the fuck would you put somebody like that in the spotlight?

Why y'all mad at this dude?

He's a clown who won't be around 6 months from now, but y'all giving him all this free press because y'all mad?

How many hits does he have on the charts? How many records has he sold?

He's famous because he looks like a gay circus freak snd he claims to be a blood and everybody's mad.

No hits, no platinum plaques, no sold out arenas.

I guess he won.

SMH

I got an issue with muthafuccas wanting to fight him on site.

Game posted something online last month calling him weirdo and damn near threaten him for claimin blood...yet he consigning Weezy.

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't he and CM claimin Crip back then? Do did they just like the color blue?

Back