Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ice Cube Still Catching Heat

Interesting article and it also seems to point out some inconsistencies in how Cube portrayed his interactions with the people he spoke with... but I actually wanted to focus more on the quote about treating justice as a business transaction. Is there any truth to that method being more or less ineffective?

Ice Cube made headlines right before Election Day when he appeared to be working with the Trump administration on his Contract with Black America agenda. As co-founder of the international Black Lives Matter movement, civil rights activist Alicia Garza even spoke to Ice Cube where he publicly agreed to work with her on further developing the plan.

While discussing her new book The Purpose of Power: How We Come Together When We Fall Apart on The Clay Cane Show via SiriusXM Urban View, Garza was asked if she has yet to hear from the rapper some over a month after their initial conversation to which she responded with a flat, “No.”

She continued, “I would like to say for the record that I did reach out to him, both in the group chat that Roland [Martin] put us on directly after the show. And I reached out to him individually and, no, I did not ever hear back.”

Garza has a robust Black agenda via the Black Futures Lab and portion of it was used for Sen. Kamala Harris’ presidential campaign. She was also asked about the backlash Ice Cube received after appearing to dismiss how Garza has been attacked by those in support of the Trump administration. She admits that she has received several death threats.

“I honestly felt like he maybe felt ambushed and I don't think he expected me to pop up that screen.I wanted to give a little bit of compassion, but I also took it as, you know, we have very different approaches to how it is that change happens,” she said.

“As I said in that interview, justice is not a business transaction. You really have to make sure that you are bringing people with you, that you are consulting and collaborating with people.”

Ice Cube has always maintained he didn’t endorse any political candidate during the presidential race. That said, according to Politico, he flew to Washington, D.C. and had a private meeting with Trump advisors, including Jared Kushner on Sept. 14.

Cube claimed that when he spoke to the Biden campaign about his plan, they wanted to talk more after the election. However, Rep. Cedric Richmond, who is now a senior member of the Biden administration as Assistant to the President and Director of the White House Office of Public Engagement, said that’s incorrect and he even gave the rapper his personal cell number.

Political commentator Bakari Sellers said the rapper was even invited to a meeting with Sen. Kamala Harris, but he did not attend.

Lol I figured start a new one instead of adding on to the 50+page one. Plus it's more about the question posed at the beginning than Cube himself
It seems you've taken my post in a way it wasn't intended

I'm happy to watch the shit that's gonna be thrown on the walls of this thread....I'm just saving my spot lol

This Cube shit got muhphuckers beefin like the Hatfields and McCoys

I called it in the other thread, and am maintaining my stance here. Ice Coon is playing the money game. His scheduled appearance with the Zion group is proof. The OP's article further solidifies that.

Peeps just can't accept that their great American negro is a coon.

And I grew up on him and N.W.A. 'Steady Mobbin' is one of the all-time great songs to me. Hard to reconcile O'Shea's moves with the dude from this:

Ice_Cube-Death_Certificate_(album_cover).jpg

Man please.

If you don't like what Cube did at least tried to do w/ that PP and CWBA then fukk you too. I ain't got no beef w/ him for at least trying to look out for us and making sure we get something for our vote. Do I agree w/ everything he did/does, no. But he was on the right path instead of being all bent over w/ your bu$$y in the air for democrats like most been doing for nearly 50+ years.

Far as Garza, she is a part of BLM as you all should know. The same group fronted by they billionaire jew daddy that been buying up da's and funding activist groups. Oh and RIP Darren Seals.

Back