Welcome To aBlackWeb

Ice Cube Explains Why "No Vaseline" Is Better Than Ether & Hit Em Up

Ok... hit em up was the hardest diss, it was the most violent. But it wasn't really fact driven and the Outlaws suck

Ether and no Vaseline are more fact driven. Vaseline disses go harder for the simple fact cube was accusing niggas of cooning. Nothing Nas or Jay accused each other of his worse than cooning

So yeah no Vaseline is better than both those songs, however the greatest diss song in the history of Hip Hop is...... real motherfuckin G's

The BEAT is still amazing and the facts were killer and it had the funniest quotables

The hype for No Vaseline was crazy. This was way before the internet. Cube took down the champs dolo.
I was still watching Cartoons if that when all that shit was happening

The majority of us don’t even understand the real time effects of these cultural moments

No Vaseline is better than Hit ‘em up but I don’t have it ranked higher than Ether

Ether was way more hard-hitting
Ether is in people’s vocab now for getting smoked
Nas is going at Jay -compared to Ice Vs NWA who he pretty much wrote for

No Vaseline is better than Hit ‘em up but I don’t have it ranked higher than Ether

Ether was way more hard-hitting
Ether is in people’s vocab now for getting smoked
Nas is going at Jay -compared to Ice Vs NWA who he pretty much wrote for
That’s why No Vaseline>>>>

These were Cubes day one, basically this was no Vaseline

1690126398305.gif

I was still watching Cartoons if that when all that shit was happening

The majority of us don’t even understand the real time effects of these cultural moments
I was around for all the significant cultural moments. I kinda understand why old heads feel slighted when they get overlooked by the younger generation but at the same time you can't blame the young for missing out on part of the history.

No Vaseline is better because it was actually factual and there was legit history Cube had with the group….not just random disses

RealMuthaphuckin G’s is another classic

No Vaseline was some scorch the earth shit, but cuz I was a teenager during Ether that shit just hits more for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: GNS
Ok... hit em up was the hardest diss, it was the most violent. But it wasn't really fact driven and the Outlaws suck

Ether and no Vaseline are more fact driven. Vaseline disses go harder for the simple fact cube was accusing niggas of cooning. Nothing Nas or Jay accused each other of his worse than cooning

So yeah no Vaseline is better than both those songs, however the greatest diss song in the history of Hip Hop is...... real motherfuckin G's

The BEAT is still amazing and the facts were killer and it had the funniest quotables

Eazy E diss was crazy but I fuck with dre day more.....plus the video for it was funny as hell

No Vaseline is better than Tupac's hit em up..............but none of those songs are better than to the break of dawn:

Mainly in terms of beat, flow, delivery, and lyricism.

The only real personal part was the last verse in which he went in on Ice-T.

Shit was brutal.

D Wade damn clip.gif

LL should be top 5 DOA on everybody's list.

Last edited:
Back