Edit: The other article wasn't hittin right

yea its not new, well at least not for me

i just felt so much pain listening to our brotha speak

really sad shit

I'm surprised people are just now finding out about this

From 2003:

From 2016:

Edit: The other article wasn't hittin right
Damn so they never saw a TV or a paper they showed them slavery was over,if they could read?

This is crazy.

Reminds me of that movie Antebellum.

I didn't know it was happening way into the 1960s, but yeah, it's an often buried fact that the Emancipation Proclamation wasn't the end of slavery for a lot of people.

Interesting enough, this is another one of those things that a lot of white people are just learning about and are shocked about. It's like yeah, now ya'll are starting to understand why some people call you the devil right. lol

Oh I'm sure *you* knew

I've just seen it floating around again the last day or so...and people acting like this just came up

Maaan...it's no less heartbreaking now than it was when I first saw it!

yeah the book “slavery by another name” really made me depressed

it touches on this in depth too

and people have to read more, thank you for posting the article links. im going to check those out too

I knew about this. I saw Slavery By Another Name.

My grandpa told me about how a lot of Black families stayed on the plantation and the White family "took care of them". They were basically slaves.

yeah the book “slavery by another name” really made me depressed

it touches on this in depth too

and people have to read more, thank you for posting the article links. im going to check those out too
I feel you...it's not easy to digest...like at all

You're so right...we do need to read more! It's becoming more apparent everyday

You're welcome...if I find better ones I'll post

For anyone interested:

I may have saw this headline at some point and filed in my "Not surprised" section and didn't really investigate into it.

I knew that sharecropping was basically slavery remixed for decades.

Yep, my grandfather worked on sharecropping farm. Back then it was common for black men especially to go about as far as finishing elementary school and the wind up on the sharecropping farm because of lack of opportunity to do anything else.

• Ether
Reactions: Race Jones

Full video:

I remember watching this a couple of years ago. I was surprised but not surprised. It’s really sad to see.

Reactions: Scandalust313