Welcome To aBlackWeb

OPINION How much should accusations of possible crimes affect a person's job status?

DMorgan

You niggas is EXCOMMUNICADO!!!
Maybe this should be a thread or even in a different section of the forum.

How much should accusations of possible crimes affect a person's job status?

What I mean if a person is accused of a crime should they automatically lose their job, be suspended, have to work from home if possible. Accusations aren't proof of guilt but for some time now. It seems that to a good size portion of the public just based on accusations want folks livelihoods be affected in some way, shape, form or fashion.

Are we talking celebrities and athletes or every day normal people?

I think it depends on what is being accused

If you work with a lot of women and you're accused of sexual assault then you're likely going to make your coworkers uncomfortable

If you work at WallStreet and you're accused of fraud or insider trading or something in that field then that likely does something to what you can work on

Are we talking celebrities and athletes or every day normal people?

I think it depends on what is being accused

If you work with a lot of women and you're accused of sexual assault then you're likely going to make your coworkers uncomfortable

If you work at WallStreet and you're accused of fraud or insider trading or something in that field then that likely does something to what you can work on

All of them.

Celebrity/athlete getting fired isn't the same for a normal person though. Most celebrities aren't going on unemployment after getting fired

That's not the point though. If the stats are the same I believe it was said most pro football players go broke 2-3 years after retirement. So let's leave unemployment out it for the time being.

You can elaborate and take question where you want with your thoughts. It's still a yes or no question at heart. Either you feel accusations should or shouldn't affect a peoples job status no matter if they a famous, athlete or have 9-5 job.

I don't think a person should be automatically fired, but depending on the accused crime a suspension should happen until an investigation is done.

If the crime a person is accused of has a direct correlation with your job/career then it should be expected that there will be initial blowback. Now should the person be able to prove they ain't do the shit with clear concise evidence then let them keep it pushing. But if it's one of those situations where a person isn't proven wrong but they not proven right either then you just gotta go with whatever makes the most sense for not only that person but the rest of their coworkers as well. Because even being accused of certain things will damage your reputation and how people view you and thus will affect your ability to do your job

Case by case basis. Like if it's a sexual crime and you share the workplace with the opposite sex you should probably not be there until you're exonerated of any wrong doing criminally.

If you got in a fight at the club on Saturday, got charged with assault and got a court date pending mfs should mind they own business.

If you get accused of murder you should probably be taking a break until it's over.

Give them a paid leave of absence until the issue is resolved. If they found innocent then welcome them back, they found guilty then fire them

If you work with children and life puts you in a fucked up position where you have to go to court with anything to do with children. You could lose your job.

Like say you're a teacher or daycare provider, and you witness a child in your family being harmed and provide legal custody for that child as a result. Once you have to go to court or that shit can cause problems.

Cuz the parents from your job can complain they don't feel comfortable with their child in the care of someone in juvenile court. Even if they aren't being accused of anything. They can just be a witness. But people are funny about that kinda shit

Depends on the crime.
For sexual harassment cases, there would have too be proof usually. Like video usually, for someone to get fired. Out of all the places I worked, they usually separate the two parties.

I remember somebody telling me that a dude got fired over a DUI.

I couldn’t really figure that one out.

He was a cook, not somebody who operated motor vehicles for a living.

Maybe he had to spend some time in jail and that’s why they let him go.

Depends on the law.
And as it stands At-Will employees and/or moral clauses mean it's legal to fire people over accusations.

Now the question we might need to ask is whether cancel culture is just another form of bullying/cyberbullying?
The answer might change things.

All yall saying depends on the crime your answer is yes. There is no right or wrong answer just wanted to know how most of yall felt.

Back