Welcome To aBlackWeb

How many of y'all Kitchen Illiterate?

Boiling water would take just a button on an electric kettle innit? Except folks can't use a cooker at all ...

No excuse for a grown human to not be self efficient.

I throw down in the kitchen. Everything I cook is simple dishes my mom used to make when I was a kid.

Dont get me wrong, i love going to a good resturant and eating some fire food. I love it when my girl makes some fire ass dish.

All that feeds the stomach.

But when I can have some simple ass rice and beans like my moms used to make, that shit feeds the soul.

But I'm a handy cook cos

1. My parents broke up when I was like 10, and being the first child I had to cater for my younger ones and had to learn how to dig in the kitchen and also procure foodstuff.

2. Teenage years were spent mostly with my two sisters and two female cousins... I learnt and picked up cooking vigorously

Growing up my dad was a truck driver and worked nights and my moms a beautician so she was always working late so I had to become self sufficient. Learned early on because I got sick of eating spaghettios and totinos pizzas everyday. Used to “doctor up”premade dishes till I learned to make them on my own. Now I love to cook. I’m a damn scientist in the kitchen. Pretty damn good baker too.

Btw I ve been cooking for since I was a kid ironically the only thing I’m not confident in making is fried chicken
That's one of my main staples. Got a steak im the oven now for later
Im a good cook

But cooking for real is too time consuming

Same with the cleanup afterwards and scrubbing pans n shit
I try an cook as I go for real. That an i don't like the kitchen being dirty as is

Back