Welcome To aBlackWeb

how do you show affection to your sons?

were you deprived of a affection as a kid?

• Yes

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 54.5%
  • Somewhat

Votes: 4 36.4%

• Total voters

Race Jones

gangster. grace. alchemy
EEBEC049-D2E5-4966-B1AE-61BCB39C0667.jpeg

2934507D-F863-46FD-A1B0-10AB63F04309.jpeg

5DB7ACC4-AEC1-41CF-8F0E-3146C41FE346.jpeg

2CE5117E-9B95-44E0-B614-49773CF79F6E.jpeg

58873478-0469-4E06-9BA3-0027B03F6716.jpeg

I find this to be absolutely beautiful. Ive heard a few men and even some women say they dont believe in showing their sons too much affection in fear of making them soft. I personally think that way of thinking is determintal to children and extremely harmful.

it also makes me question if we are really teaching boys to be men or just teaching them not to be women

its perfectly ok to show affection and love to your boys. us, we, the community, needs this to be reciprocated. we must engender a life cycle of love.

in what ways do you show affection to your sons?
if you dont have a son, how do you show affection to your daughters?

a lot of parents allow society to raise their male identified children. and I don’t understand how we can see how it’s such a detriment to our community as a whole

Never heard somebody say you can love your child to much or showing them too much love would spoil them

That’s not how it works.

Giving them any and everything can spoil them and that has nothing to do with love.

Dope thread.

I tell my son I love him LITERALLY no less than 20 times per day. I randomly hug and kiss him He randomly hugs and kisses me. I don't know any niggas who are afraid to show their son's any sort of affection or whatever. I dunno if that's just something that isn't as prevalent as it used to be for if me and those close to me just don't move like that.

But I honestly don't know ANY niggas who feel like that.

That I know of, anyway.

Especially these days. With the world the way it is, niggas better hug their gotdamn sons.

Dope thread.

I tell my son I love him LITERALLY no less than 20 times per day. I randomly hug and kiss him He randomly hugs and kisses me. I don't know any niggas who are afraid to show their son's any sort of affection or whatever. I dunno if that's just something that isn't as prevalent as it used to be for if me and those close to me just don't move like that.

But I honestly don't know ANY niggas who feel like that.

That I know of, anyway.

Especially these days. With the world the way it is, niggas better hug their gotdamn sons.
FACTS

I hug, kiss and tell my sons I love them every chance I get.

The part where they all bought brand new dashikis with the creases still in them and made an event out of it and were sure to take plenty of photographs to share on the internet with a storyline and a "powerful message".

Not everything has to be a show.
Might be part of how they do things. Good to see something positive about black folks though. Could cause a spark for other families to do something similar to this though.

Might be part of how they do things. Good to see something positive about black folks though. Could cause a spark for other families to do something similar to this though.

This. How niggas supposed to get over the stupid shit and realize it's ok to show affection to their sons...if they never see niggas show affection to their sons? Make the shit a spectacle. The more performative the better.

I love this.

I did used to get clowned for how many times I would hug my son.

he can come home from school.....hug
Go to the store and come back...hug
I knew too many who never came home.

i was always thankful.

but i don’t think this is performative and I don’t have issue with the pics being taken.

we need to show more images of us , doing good things.

It's not ceremoniously done for spectacle.

Like, I'm a loving and affectionate person.... My son gets love and affection on the daily.

I give no fucks about him being soft, he been fighting and wilding out on kids since he was three.

He dropped this little white boy last week. Nasty little motherfucker was running around digging up his nose and wiping it on people.

All witnesses said my son clearly warned him

"If you touch me with those nasty fingers I will punch you"

White boy though it was a game, got punched dead in the stomach. And that was the end of it

When he told me what happened, I hugged him and told him I loved him 😌🤗🥰

OP is super wack as are those pictures but looks like this is a parent jackoff thread wherein parents tell everyone how dope they are so I'm a let you guys finish and back away
The fuck is wrong with you bruh?

you stay sounding hella miserable.

people can celebrate anything and as men we should celebrate eachother while celebrating our kids and parenting.

how can anyone that has kids not be happy and want to live on them. It’s obvious you don’t have kids.......come back when your child says their first words. If you don’t see the joy in that.....you have severe issues.

I dont know nothing about that kinda shit and its part of the reason i dont really know how to show love with males outside of daps. I got a proximity issue along with that. Standing too close talking, slapping me on the back, the elbow nudge, leaning on my shoulder, etc are all violations and ill either move or let you know. I know the shit is weird but idk how to fix it.

I dont know nothing about that kinda shit and its part of the reason i dont really know how to show love with males outside of daps. I got a proximity issue along with that. Standing too close talking, slapping me on the back, the elbow nudge, leaning on my shoulder, etc are all violations and ill either move or let you know. I know the shit is weird but idk how to fix it.
Im kinda the same. I hate when people touch me.

My dad showed affection all the time he old school too. We didn’t kiss on the cheek but hugs and encouragement was normal to me. Never really got into with him either

The fuck is wrong with you bruh?

you stay sounding hella miserable.

people can celebrate anything and as men we should celebrate eachother while celebrating our kids and parenting.

how can anyone that has kids not be happy and want to live on them. It’s obvious you don’t have kids.......come back when your child says their first words. If you don’t see the joy in that.....you have severe issues.

Nah you shouldn't celebrate parents lovin' their children, especially not thru the lense of blackness. As if black people don't love their children.

But like I said this seems a parent jackoff thread so do you big man

Back