Welcome To aBlackWeb

How do y’all feel about break dancing in the 2024 Olympics?

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
Let’s talk about it.
Another example of the world profiting of the creation of black people. And I bet it will be less than 25% black Americans.

Reactions: GNS
Really don't care. Not like I would watch it anyway.

I do know the Asians and Germans take that shit real serious and I expect one of those groups to medal.

As for the world profiting off our creation. Did we not celebrate when hip hop acts were selling out tours overseas?

It's not their fault that they are passionate af about hip hop. Shit the best hip hop experience I had was in Tokyo. The club had break dancing, live graffiti artists and freestyle and DJ contests.

Hip hop is big business worldwide and personally I wish The U. S. would get back to the roots of it.

How many black americans are still seriously break dancing? How many of them would even want to go to the olympics to do that? You ever think about folks turning shit down because of who the judges might be. Like who would want to judged by people who don't even know wtf they are really looking at.

Sometimes folks need to understand that everything invented/started by black people wasn't for a fucking profit. Ain't nothing wrong loving what we created keeping it pure and letting some other folks have a trash ass bastardize version of that that we don't respect.

It's only a few events that really bring attention the olympics and I don't break dancing will be one of them and if it is it won't be for long.

They should have did the shit in the 80s
If yall gonna do it pay those pioneers for what they created and I ain't supporting that shit.
breakdancing ain't red white and blue

Let’s talk about it.
Another example of the world profiting of the creation of black people. And I bet it will be less than 25% black Americans.

I mean, break dancing now is a niche market. Not many people do it here in the states. So if it will be less than 25%, is that because we dont care about it or is it the organization not picking any of us? If you look at those competitions, it is very diverse.

Also, they introduced youth break dancing in the 2018 Buenos aires Olympic.

Are you mad that red bull does a competition each year?

I think tricking should be an Olympic sport.

remove that bullshit they pass off as Karate and Tae Kwon Do and replace it with Tricking!

they literally disqualified a dude for KO’ing his opponent.
Excessive Contact

• Goat
Reactions: B_A
What’s the issue? Besides people not really break dancing like that in the U.S.

Fixed.

B/c they fo sho do overseas.

They love every aspect of the hip hop culture. Independent artists get treated like a mainstream artist.

I think the U.S. sometimes takes the elements of hip hop for granted. Especially break dancing. But as soon as we see other cultures pick up the mantle and immerse themselves in it, folks here wanna get mad.

Then they make claims that the culture is being taken from us. Or how the outside is profiting off the culture. Newsflash...that's been going on for decades. Why the outrage now?

We dunno who the judges gonna be b/c...well it's not taking place until 2...0...2...4. And I'm sure the judges are gonna be folks who are experts the world of breakdancing. Imma check it out b/c I'm curious to see the countries being represented. Plus also the scoring criteria as far as style and etc.

I definitely expect Korea and Japan to show out.

I looooove watching tricking, break dancing, step dancing etc. Basically any dancing...cuz I can't dance for shit, so it's all amazing and mind blowing to me.

Back