Welcome To aBlackWeb

Home Buyers With Good Credit to Lower Costs For Those With Bad Credit

DOS_patos

Unverified Legion of Trill member
If you have a good credit score and are looking to buy a home, you may be required to pay more to subsidize other home buyers who have bad credit thanks to a new rule from the Biden Administration.

Starting May 1, a new federal rule will force homebuyers with good credit scores to pay higher mortgage rates and fees to subsidize those with riskier credit ratings who are also buying houses.

The Federal Housing Finance Agency’s push for affordable housing has led to the introduction of loan-level price adjustments (LLPAs) that will be enacted by Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, affecting mortgages originating at private banks across the US.

Homebuyers with credit scores of 680 or higher will pay around $40 more per month on a $400,000 home loan. Homebuyers who make down payments of 15% to 20% will face the largest fees. The new fees will only apply to Americans buying houses or refinancing after May 1.

The Washington Times was the first to reporton the new rule.

The new FHFA rule inverts the typical use of credit scores in free market economies.

Traditionally, those with better credit scores could expect to pay less for debt because financial institutions consider lending to them less risky.

For those looking for more information on the topic, here are the new schedules for mortgage rates and costs based on credit scores.

Here’s the old schedule:

LLPA-Matrix-effective-until-5-1-23Download
Here’s the new schedule:

LLPA-Matrix-updated-03-22-23Download

Im not particularly mad at this. Folks that are more well off can afford the higher rates.

I would say maybe there should be a caveat where it applies to folks that arent buying their first home

Im not particularly mad at this. Folks that are more well off can afford the higher rates.

I would say maybe there should be a caveat where it applies to folks that arent buying their first home
Wtf.

Having great credit don’t mean you have tons on money that you need to be paying extra.

Folks work hard to have great credit so they don’t have to pay high rates. You probably already paying higher taxes but don’t mean your a millionaire where you should be paying extra just because.

And folks with money have bad credit too. This ain’t just applied to folks like LeBron James but everyday folks that make good money and have great credit

This it ain’t bruh. Total miss

Wtf.

Having great credit don’t mean you have tons on money that you need to be paying extra.

Folks work hard to have great credit.

This it ain’t bruh

I never said that it means you have tons of money.

And thats specifically why I mentioned maybe it should apply to folks that are attempting to get a second mortgage for another property

If this rule is solely credit based and has nothing to do with income then that's just fucking stupid.

Someone with an average income but a great credit rating could be paying for someone that has a higher income but poor credit? Is that correct or did I miss something?

If this rule is solely credit based and has nothing to do with income then that's just fucking stupid.

Someone with an average income but a great credit rating could be paying for someone that has a higher income but poor credit? Is that correct or did I miss something?
Yea. That’s what it seems like to me.

But shit be all over the place with this administration

Agreed and that's where it gets tricky too cuz these rich assholes can have a buncha money but on paper it say their salary is low as fuck and they have shit personal credit

Learn to play the game.
vet those that you share the rules to the game. Cuz niggas mess shit up to seem smart.
Keep winning

Facts because if I have a 700 but my friend has a 650 but makes 50,000 more what’s the point of me paying more.

Back