Welcome To aBlackWeb

HOF or FOH: Donovan McNabb

HOF or FOH: Donovan McNabb

• Total voters
McNabb's career numbers are weak by HOF standards, and his team accomplishments aren't good enough to make up for them. He's a long way from a HOF QB. Y'all just like him.

Explain it to me like a 3 year how his team accomplishments are weak.

We're talking HOF, so divisional champs isn't really on anyone's radar. His team accomplishment is 1 Conference Championship (a SB appearance). That sole accomplishment isn't enough to compensate for his statistical shortcomings.

We're talking HOF, so divisional champs isn't really on anyone's radar. His team accomplishment is 1 Conference Championship (a SB appearance). That sole accomplishment isn't enough to compensate for his statistical shortcomings.
8 playoff appearances in 11 seasons. 5 division titles, 4 straight conference championship games 5 overall , and a Super Bowl appearance is “weak”? Make that make sense.

8 playoff appearances in 11 seasons. 5 division titles, 4 straight conference championship games 5 overall , and a Super Bowl appearance is “weak”? Make that make sense.

I don't know why you put quotes around weak, when I don't think I said it. By HOF standards though, ya...too weak to be the reason to put him in. But I said it's not strong enough to make up for his numbers.

You're moving the goal posts. Nobody brings up playoff appearances, or conference championship game appearances in HOF debates. It's custom made for McNabb. Honestly, who else do you bring up conference championship game appearances for?

Ray Lewis, Dawkins, Moss, TO, Gonzalez, Urlacher, Reed, Bailey, Ty Law all got in the past 2 years. Nobody's bringing up how many times they were in the playoffs, or how many conference championship games they appeared in.

You don't know, or care, how many times they made the playoffs.

I don't know why you put quotes around weak, when I don't think I said it. By HOF standards though, ya...too weak to be the reason to put him in. But I said it's not strong enough to make up for his numbers.

You're moving the goal posts. Nobody brings up playoff appearances, or conference championship game appearances in HOF debates. It's custom made for McNabb. Honestly, who else do you bring up conference championship game appearances for?

Ray Lewis, Dawkins, Moss, TO, Gonzalez, Urlacher, Reed, Bailey, Ty Law all got in the past 2 years. Nobody's bringing up how many times they were in the playoffs, or how many conference championship games they appeared in.

You don't know, or care, how many times they made the playoffs.
But McNabb has team accomplishments and the numbers to get him in. You said he didn’t have the team accomplishments I’m just showing you that he does.

@5th Letter

He doesn't have HOF team success. He has "Eagles honor him" team success. Better numbers than HOF'ers from eras before him. Who are you comparing him to?

Last edited:
Back