Welcome To aBlackWeb

Hip Hop for old heads ๐Ÿ‘จ๐Ÿพโ€๐Ÿฆผโ€โžก๏ธ

GOAT

๐Ÿ
Springfield-retirement-castle.gif

Hip hop being a young music genre & def a young mans game, our OGs are starting to get old. Some have passed, many have retired.

But some still show out on the mic from time to time.

Inspired by the washed rapper thread and also from Public Enemy & Arrested Development droppin quality albums in 2020.... I will use this thread to post up when old folks (50yrs+) show out or make old people anthems.

Last edited:
Flav w a solo tribute track to his homie but also speaks on his demons (61yrs old)

Last edited:
Hip hop being a young music genre & def a young mans game, our OGs are starting to get old. Some have passed, many have retired.

But some still show out on the mic from time to time.

Inspired by the washed rapper thread and also from Public Enemy & Arrested Development droppin quality albums in 2020.... I will use this thread to post up when old folks (50yrs+) show out or make old people anthems.
I like this concept, this could have been extended to some 40 year olds

Bushwick Bill on the new SPM album (RIP)

"Still the mic redrumer
Till the day im redrumed
Nobody married momma
Cuz they didnt want stepson"

When I was a teenager and in my 20s I felt like 20 year olds made the best Hip Hop.

Now that I'm 50 I feel like the music I listened to in my teens and 20s was the best Hip Hop.

This Drake and Kendrick beef is going over my head.

In other words, I don't feel like the younger generation is putting out superior Hip Hop.

Back