Welcome To aBlackWeb

Breaking News Hip Hop Excellence: Sway Calloway, Angie Martinez, Donnie Simpson and The Breakfast Club Morning Show all nominated for National Radio Hall of Fame

I could see Flex getting the nod at some point, other probably not. I could be wrong, but usually this honor only goes to people that impact the radio on a wider level. Most of those people you named were important to Hip Hop growing to a crossover success, but weren't actually crossover successes themselves. Donnie, Sway, and TBC are known in and outside of the circles they originally catered to. Angie is kinda iffy.

I def think Sway is getting because his category has listener voting as well...

they were talking about it on his show this morning and the voting site crashed casue so many people were trying to vote for him

go vote for him btw ---> www.radiovote.com (you can vote multiple times just use different email addys)

all other categories are picked by an industry panel...so we will see...

I think out of those Sway and Donnie are shoe-ins, BC has really good chance, Angie is 50/50

It be better for them if they all pulled their money and created their own platform to own and do what they've been doing. No white bosses so they can take no losses.

I see Tom Joyner has been in there for awhile; Rush Limbaugh, Larry King, and of course the GOAT, Howard Stern.

Sway is the only one nominated the fans can vote for. The rest are voted in by a panel.

Last edited:
You sure about that?

makingwaves.jpg

Cathy Hughes. Chairman and Founder of Radio One/Urban One. With her son whose the current President & CEO.

Back