• Larry Holmes

• Mike Tyson

• Rocky Marciano

• Sonny Liston

• Muhammed Ali

• George Foreman

• Joe Louis

Results are only viewable after voting.
pick 4 meaning… the four best on this list?

mike tyson being tied with ali at this point, both at 16, is crazy. i love tyson but he had a nice 3 year hot
streak, and was a decent, but hardly spectacular, boxer after the buster douglas loss

Reactions: GNS
Tough to rank fighters from different eras, especially when we get to the Super Heavy generation... In no order, other than Ali:

Ali (everyone knows about ali's skills... arguably the p4p goat, beat bigger guys and his main rivals, in frazier, liston and foreman, 3 of the biggest fights in boxing history... also avenged his defeat to ken norton in his next fight after suffering a broken jaw and same with spinks (minus the jaw) when he was mad old and also has great wins over dudes like patterson, cooper, foster, lyle, shavers, terrell, young, quarry, chuvalo, ellis and mathis)

Foreman (had two great careers, basically two different fighters with two different styles... went from a relentless puncher with amazing power, then came back with almost philly shell defence and picked his shots... though in both careers he was always a clever puncher with a great jab and mad power... also the oldest heavyweight champ of all time)

Louis (beating schmelling in their rematch one of the most important fights of all time and from the footage and fight write ups ive read, one of the best technically offensive fighters in HW history, also one of the best finishers in boxing history too and packed dynamite in both hands... also beat walcott twice which were great wins and holds the record of longest single reign as champion of any boxer in history)

Lewis (really the first of the super heavies that people appreciated more after he retired... great jab and ridiculous power and stamina, beat everyone around him bruno, tyson, holyfield, vitali, briggs, mccall, mercer and avenged his two defeats)

Last edited:
pick 4 meaning… the four best on this list?

mike tyson being tied with ali at this point, both at 16, is crazy. i love tyson but he had a nice 3 year hot
streak, and was a decent, but hardly spectacular, boxer after the buster douglas loss

I love Tyson but to be objective his prime was from 1986 to 1989 maybe 1990 at a stretch...

He was mesmerising to watch at his best, incredible head movement and footwork, technically brilliant, intelligent, fast, powerful with a very much underrated jab...

Though in reality as it stands hes probably not even Top 10 heavy of all time, maybe not even Top 15 if we go back to early 19th Century fighters with Jack Johnson etc

No doubt Tyson had all the potential in the world to be a GOAT had he stayed on track but along with ill discipline his size was an issue too, as he came around the Super Heavys started emerging and he often got frustrated when he fought big guys, so the big 6'4 and 6'6 elite super heavys could had really caused him issues...

Tough to rank fighters from different eras, especially when we get to the Super Heavy generation... In no order, other than Ali:

Ali (everyone knows about ali's skills... arguably the p4p goat, beat bigger guys and his main rivals, in frazier, liston and foreman, 3 of the biggest fights in boxing history... also avenged his defeat to ken norton in his next fight after suffering a broken jaw and same with spinks (minus the jaw) when he was mad old and also has great wins over dudes like patterson, cooper, foster, lyle, shavers, terrell, young, quarry, chuvalo, ellis and mathis)

Foreman (had two great careers, basically two different fighters with two different styles... went from a relentless puncher with amazing power, then came back with almost philly shell defence and picked his shots... though in both careers he was always a clever puncher with a great jab and mad power... also the oldest heavyweight champ of all time)

Louis (beating schmelling in their rematch one of the most important fights of all time and from the footage and fight write ups ive read, one of the best technically offensive fighters in HW history, also one of the best finishers in boxing history too and packed dynamite in both hands... also beat walcott twice which were great wins and holds the record of longest single reign as champion of any boxer in history)

Lewis (really the first of the super heavies that people appreciated more after he retired... great jab and ridiculous power and stamina, beat everyone around him bruno, tyson, holyfield, vitali, briggs, mccall, mercer and avenged his two defeats)
i put evander over foreman, but i agree with your other three

i put evander over foreman, but i agree with your other three

I dont have a problem putting Holyfield there as its subjective, though out that list I would stilll have Foreman above him...

Evander is a GOAT cruiserweight, no crusiers in history come close to Evander or Usyk but personally I wouldnt put him above Foreman as a heavy...

He gets props for stepping up to heavyweight in the era of the super heavys, even though he was popped for juicing but Foreman is couple spots above him for me, just looking at their career I think Foreman's wins out do Evander's....

Evander beat an old/shot Foreman and Holmes and had good wins against Tyson, Moorer, Buster and Mercer... He also won and lost to Bowe which was stands out most on his CV to me, great wins...

In Foreman's first career he destroyed Frazier in 2 rounds (dropping him 6 times), KO'd Ken Norton in 2 rounds (dropping him 3 times), lost to Ali but was close to beating him, came back 18months later and KO'd Lyle in the fight of the year, then KO'd Frazier again in 5 rounds (dropping him 2 times)...

Then 10 years later in his 40's, came back in his second career and beat Dwight Muhammad Qawi one fight after Qawi had just to lost to prime Holyfield, beat Gerry Conney, Jimmy Ellis, then finally Michael Moorer to become the oldest heavyweight champ in history at 45yr...

Thats outdoes Holyfield imo though like I say, I really rate Holyfield, an absolute warrior so dont have an issue with him being ranked 4th on the list...

Back